Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job in the pharmaceutical sector when just graduated

Options
  • 19-01-2017 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

-- Please delete this message as I moved it in the work and jobs section, thank you --

Hey guys,

I wanted to have some advice regarding finding a job in the pharmaceutical sector. It's been few weeks that I am sending my cover letter and my resume to several companies or recruiters and each time I just receive the same answer : unfortunately, you don't have the required experience (usually the position requires 1 or 2 years experience). That's frustrating.

A bit of background though : I'm a Belgian just graduated with a MSc Degree in biochemistry and molecular biology. Even if my native language is French, I speak English with a pretty good level of proficiency as I have done an internship abroad. I moved in Dublin January the first (but I was already applying for a job few weeks before).

So my questions :

Where should I apply and for what kind of position ? I always try to find something as a QC Analyst or Microbiologist but so far, no positive answer...

Should I apply in another sectors (i.e. food industry) and I would be abble to shift to the pharmaceutical sector afterwards ?

I can't wait to finally start working and having a professional life but I don't know what's holding me back or maybe, I am not aware of something that I should do...

Any advice, guys ?

Cheers !

Advertisement