Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bath Overflow Loose - Disassemby

Options
  • 14-10-2019 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭

Had a leak last week and traced it to the overflow on the bath \ jacuzzi. The type on my bath is the chrome wheel\ knob below the taps that you turn and it also puts in the stopper thing.

I think I can see the problem as this wheel is quite loose and the gasket has moved. However, it still puts in the stopper when you turn it so I don't think it's actually broken, just needs tightening and some mastic etc.

Looking on-line there is a grub screw on the side of some of these that you loosen to remove the metal knob \ cover and get at the main assembly. My problem is that there is no small screw on the side of mine.

Hopefully someone must have encountered this before. How do I get the cover off. Does it just snap off \ on ? I'm reluctant to just pull it straight away from the bath in case I break something.

Thanks in advance..

Advertisement