Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC key fob battery low alert

Options
  • 09-01-2019 3:24pm

Hi all,

As above i'm getting Key Fob battery low error everytime I set the alarm. I've replaced the small battery in the Key Fob but am still getting that message.

Is there anything I need to do in the service menu to make that stop?

many thanks,
    Nick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi all,

As above i'm getting Key Fob battery low error everytime I set the alarm. I've replaced the small battery in the Key Fob but am still getting that message.

Is there anything I need to do in the service menu to make that stop?

many thanks,
    Nick

Should clear once the battery is replaced and the fob used.
    Have you any other fobs on the system?

Nope just the one. And have been using it for a few days now. The replacement battery was in a pack of batteries that has been in a drawer for a few years so that would lead me to believe that the new battery is not so healthy!

Cheers for the input.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

Nope just the one. And have been using it for a few days now. The replacement battery was in a pack of batteries that has been in a drawer for a few years so that would lead me to believe that the new battery is not so healthy!

Cheers for the input.

Id have to agree with that also

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Same happened to me, I had a battery lying around that came from a pack from dealz or somewhere like that, error wouldn't clear, I then bought a branded battery for €3 and popped that into fob and error cleared almost immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jaydev

Can anybody suggest anything else that might cause this? - has anybody seen this caused by a faulty fob.

I ask because I have just bought 4 new CR2032 batteries (2 packs of 2 - different brands) Duracell and Energizer - both brand new. And neither of these batteries is resulting in the message clearing.

I have two fobs and this message only appears when I try to use one of the fobs.

...am a bit baffled to be honest. So just looking for any other ideas that anybody may have.

Thanks.

UPDATE: I wanted to update the post. I cleaned the contacts in the fob, even though they looked clean. I also pushed a little bit more onto the sprung lugs so they ensure a good contact. This seems to have fixed my issue. Maybe for some reason the plate wasn't making contact, but all good now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 EGBDF

Same thing happened here - new battery but the error would not clear. I re-seated the battery in the fob and pushed the two prongs inwards to ensure a good contact and the battery alarm cleared as soon as I used the fob. For anyone curious the battery was a Kodak CR2032 bought in Dealz - 8 for €1.50.

Advertisement