Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSM Q PLUG ON UNIT

Options
  • 03-10-2019 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

Lads I have this unit on my HKC alarm. Works fine. I can part set etc. at night from my phone by dialling into the SIM.

I got an error last week it righted itself , I should have put credit on sim , which I have done today , it has been working the last few days no bother.

I can only find the HKC info on the product. I know it is old technology
    I cannot seem to find any instructions , all I want to know is can you program the GSM Q unit to send a test text every week or month?

Is the only way to find out if its working , to set off alarm, on purpose?

Thanks Padddy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

Lads I have this unit on my HKC alarm. Works fine. I can part set etc. at night from my phone by dialling into the SIM.

I got an error last week it righted itself , I should have put credit on sim , which I have done today , it has been working the last few days no bother.

I can only find the HKC info on the product. I know it is old technology
    I cannot seem to find any instructions , all I want to know is can you program the GSM Q unit to send a test text every week or month?

Is the only way to find out if its working , to set off alarm, on purpose?

Thanks Padddy

Send a message to the number whatever it is 087 xxxxxxx

Status XXXX

XXXX is your own code.
    Make sure you leave a space between status and your own code and it should send you one back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

ok is it not XXXX code first then STATUS?

Can you not program it to send a test weekly?

I sent STATUS (space) XXXX code - no reply ...it does part set A/B night time

thks

UPDATE: I SENT code XXXX then you must leave a space then I sent HELP. (found MANUAL)

reply:
    alarm: commands
    code ARM/unset
    code status
    Code Log.

I PRESUME THE INSTALLER OR gsm IS DEFAULT SET FOR THOSE commands only.

I know I can part arm ...A/B also , as I do occasionally.

all good.

I would like to know if anyone knows can you set the settings to test weekly?
    Why I ask is the last alarm I had (not HKC) had a standalone dialler and it sent a test every Sunday which was very handy and reassuring.....

thks all

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

Yes, your code then space then status

You can program a self test in the comms menu of the panel but you need the engineer code for that

Drifter50 wrote: »
    Yes, your code then space then status

You can program a self test in the comms menu of the panel but you need the engineer code for that

Yap just set it up and it working fine.. Many thanks, indeed.
    Paddy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement