Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Electronic and Computer Engineering Experience?

Options
  • 13-12-2017 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi All,

Does anyone happen to have any experience in the following IT Sligo courses?

Certificate in Electronics and Automation (Online)
    BEng in Electronic & Computer Engineering (Online)
    BEng (Hons) in Electronic & Computer Engineering (Online)

I'm looking to make a career change over the next few years and am very interested in the courses and the flexibility online learning offers. I would like to study to honors level but am not sure of the quality of the content covered on the course. When compared to the full-time undergraduate Electronic and Computer Engineering courses there seems to be a lot left out, particularly on the electronics and physics side of things. Maybe it's been incorporated into other modules but it's not clear. Am worried about coming out with a degree that doesn't cover what a full-time student would and then having to compete with those students for jobs.

I'm also interested in Mechatronics and have noticed a similar situation there.

Does anybody know anything about the equivalence of the online degrees to the full-time ones? Or even if anyone has any other useful advice or experience with these courses or IT Sligo I'd really appreciate hearing from ye! They're asking for a fair bit of money at the end of the day!

All the best!

Advertisement