Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek 19 Match Day thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,381 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I very much doubt they will be the only 2 players to unexpectedly miss out with Covid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Benimar wrote: »
    First thing he’s caught since I’ve had him in my team.

I swear, no player has ever kicked me in the balls as often as Sam Johnstone. 12, yes 12, points from 8 starts. The only reason I still had him was for the DGW.

Thank fcuk I didn’t BB!

Same, only kept him around for this week. And I did BB!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

Why? Why give the other team more time than necessary to prepare for your altered squad.

Remember FPL is only a side game!

Other sports can do it. Why can't PL. Not exactly like you can plan loads in an extra hour. Your team is already picked.

There's just no lee-way in FPL.

If you play NFL fantasy, you'd know all about having a chance to even fix something like the above.

You've no chance in FPL.

At least an injury is flagged, with Covid you've no warning of player potentially missing a game until 1 hour beforehand. It wasn't like they tested positive at 11.25am.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Will he miss both games now as apparently it’s a Covid issue.

I think it's a near certainty he misses both now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,966 ✭✭✭✭CSF

siblers wrote: »
    I very much doubt they will be the only 2 players to unexpectedly miss out with Covid

West Ham player owners (I have Antonio) defo need to be hoping that those 2 are the extent of the outbreak at West Brom

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    West Ham player owners (I have Antonio) defo need to be hoping that those 2 are the extent of the outbreak at West Brom

That was literally the next thing I was going to say.

You'd be worried about West Ham v West Brom game getting called off now if cases develop at West Brom.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

shmeee wrote: »
    Other sports can do it. Why can't PL. Not exactly like you can plan loads in an extra hour. Your team is already picked.

If you play NFL fantasy, you'd know all about having a chance to even fix something like the above.

You've no chance in FPL.

At least an injury is flagged, with Covid you've no warning of player potentially missing a game until 1 hour beforehand. It wasn't like they tested positive at 11.25am.

I don't play NFL - but at least the FPL way is fair for everyone - no everyone sits at their computer until 11am waiting for some bit of news to change their team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Ah, ffs, Just seen no Johnstone, great start to the BB.

You've no chance in FPL.

But you said that it should have announced earlier by the team, not that FPL should allow edits closer to kickoff.

Agreed on FPL allowing later edits. It seems they need to rebuild their app for the scale of their success, takes forever to update leagues etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Ace2007 wrote: »
    You've picked him in the wrong weeks - the lad was a saved magnet back when i had him starting - for his price he was great value - got me 11 points one week as well.

He's scored 2,0,3,3,0,2,0 and 2 for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,494 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Martinez

Justin Coufal Robertson

DeBruyne (c) Mane Barnes Soucek El Ghazi

Vardy Antonio

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Backed out of TC for KDB late on.

But you said that it should have announced earlier by the team, not that FPL should allow edits closer to kickoff.

Agreed on FPL allowing later edits. It seems they need to rebuild their app for the scale of their success, takes forever to update leagues etc.

If "covid cases" were announced earlier you'd have a chance. The players were 100% out. injuries are announced, why not situations like such. Don't even say they have Covid, just say missing game due to illness.

If FPL gave deadline up to even kick off in first game, at least the FPL player starts the GW with as much information as possible and if turns into a disaster after that then hard luck but at least your giving some chance at the start of the GW.

The FPL games needs a huge overall behind the scenes alright, and that will come I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

This is gonna be one hell of a stressful week:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eggy81

De gea
    Justin cresswell coufal
    Bruno son Kdb(c) gundogan
    Bamford Kane Antonio

Subs all injured bar Neto
    Not sure how I ended up with no city defence.

Good luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

TC on Salah made even more sense as he had covid already and 85% likely to be immune.

COME ON MO

PS sorry for all Johnstone owners. If it makes it any better he was probably gonna concede tons of goals anyways :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

If "covid cases" were announced earlier you'd have a chance. The players were 100% out. injuries are announced, why not situations like such. Don't even say they have Covid, just say missing game due to illness.

If FPL gave deadline up to even kick off in first game, at least the FPL player starts the GW with as much information as possible and if turns into a disaster after that then hard luck but at least your giving some chance at the start of the GW.

The FPL games needs a huge overall behind the scenes alright, and that will come I feel.

Whilst I agree, I don't think FPL will do this in the short term.

They intentionally (rightly or wrongly) moved the deadline 30 mins back so leaked teams won't have an influence on teams, therefore protecting the casual FPL player and not folks (like me!) who are on their FPL team on the deadline waiting for last minute news.

Regarding covid cases, the issue is also higher up than FPL as it's to do with personal health. As far as I know, being positive covid don't have to be released publically to protect the individual much like an individual getting any type of sickness or something happening in their personal life.

Whilst I agree, I don't think FPL will do this in the short term.

They intentionally (rightly or wrongly) moved the deadline 30 mins back so leaked teams won't have an influence on teams, therefore protecting the casual FPL player and not folks (like me!) who are on their FPL team on the deadline waiting for last minute news.

Regarding covid cases, the issue is also higher up than FPL as it's to do with personal health. As far as I know, being positive covid don't have to be released publically to protect the individual much like an individual getting any type of sickness or something happening in their personal life.

Yes, I'm aware of not releasing information about covid and players don't have to say anything. Many players so far this season have missed games and no reason why so you got to suspect maybe covid.

Anyway, I'm rambling on and on....

Back to DGW 19!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Fabianski
    Zouma, Stones, Targett
    Soucek, Salah (TC), Fernandes, Rice, Son
    Wilson, Werner

McCarthy, Bamford, Dallas, Saiss

I stuck with Fabianski as I think if he plays against West Brom, he'll have a better chance of a clean sheet than McCarthy would against Leicester.

I went with TC instead of BB as I think it's too unpredictable, will use BB later in the season with hope that COVID is less out of control.

I still stupidly stick with Werner, possibly should have gone with Bamford.

Wilson transferred in for DCL.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Players, players everywhere....lets go.

• Advertisement

Yes, I'm aware of not releasing information about covid and players don't have to say anything. Many players so far this season have missed games and no reason why so you got to suspect maybe covid.

Anyway, I'm rambling on and on....

Back to DGW 19!

Aka it's a pain in the hole! GL this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Dice75 wrote: »
    Players, players everywhere....lets go.

You have 29 players...

Well done!

Feic. Never thought of that. I've double West Ham

This is just confusing

Im guessing they are recovering from Covid?

https://twitter.com/SteveMadeley78/status/1350409156440670208?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 32,966 ✭✭✭✭CSF

siblers wrote: »

He must have been symptomatic.

Their last league game was Jan 2nd and he wasn’t around in the FA Cup which people probably would have put down to resting.

He must have had this quite a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,759 ✭✭✭✭JPA

So many teams with 14 players playing twice plus bench boost. Maybe I should have planned this better... :pac:

He must have been symptomatic.

Their last league game was Jan 2nd and he wasn’t around in the FA Cup which people probably would have put down to resting.

He must have had this quite a while.

That makes sense , good news for West Ham owners and gives Johnstone owners some hope he'll play the West Ham game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Playin BB nowadays is like chatting up a girl when ur drunk. It rarely works :pac:

Pereira (Robinson)

1-0 WBA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,560 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

FFS, patricio is a waste of a gk, why do I still have him

Advertisement