Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boardsies Greatest Movie Sequel

• 08-01-2021 11:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,421 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Bad-Sequel-collage.jpg?w=980&q=75

A new year means new tournaments. Welcome to Boardsies greatest movie sequel.

Rarely are movie sequels better than the original, but there many great sequels. Let's find which is the greatest as decided by Boardsies.

Please PM me 10 movies

Please only pick movies which are sequels rather than remakes or reboots. Does not need to be a direct sequel to the original, can be any part in the movie series.
    Movie series like James Bond I will not include as they are not really sequels. I will judge each entry separately.

...To be continued

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Kolido wrote:
    Please PM me 10 movies

Done :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Great idea for a tournament! I’ll get mine in now. It will be interesting to see which movie Terminator 2 beats in the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Only one pops into my head straight away because I love the movie. When have they to be in by?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Omackeral wrote: »
    Great idea for a tournament! I’ll get mine in now. It will be interesting to see which movie Terminator 2 beats in the final.
    Interesting to see which of these, you mean...

EWQEJ9NUYAEhidq.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Touché :)

• Advertisement

Was it Sharknado that an Irish 'celeb' was in one of them? One of the boyzone boys I think??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,421 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Only one pops into my head straight away because I love the movie. When have they to be in by?

I hope to get a min 128 movies so I'd say loads of time to think about nominations.

I have also another contest to get around to running so no rush.

3 people have sent noms so far with a few duplicates.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Was it Sharknado that an Irish 'celeb' was in one of them? One of the boyzone boys I think??

Jedward were very briefly in one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Kolido wrote: »
    I hope to get a min 128 movies so I'd say loads of time to think about nominations.

I have also another contest to get around to running so no rush.

3 people have sent noms so far with a few duplicates.

Sounds like declaring the Lion King 2 to be the winner will suit everyone.

McGaggs wrote: »
    Sounds like declaring the Lion King 2 to be the winner will suit everyone.

Well I've never even seen the first one, so I couldn't say how good or bad either are. But I'll settle for The Empire Strikes Back as an acceptable compromise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

ah, awesome Kolido!!!
    I will go through my lists and send you some films!!

Zaph wrote: »
    Jedward were very briefly in one of them.

I was sure it was Sharknado that I seen a clip of someone, I thought it might have been Keith Duffy maybe (couldnt think of his name earlier) getting eaten:D

It might have not been real though. They wouldn't be the type of movie I could have on even in the background lol

Well I've never even seen the first one
    tenor.gif?itemid=3464511

I was sure it was Sharknado that I seen a clip of someone, I thought it might have been Keith Duffy maybe (couldnt think of his name earlier) getting eaten:D

It might have not been real though. They wouldn't be the type of movie I could have on even in the background lol

According to his imdb page, he is in this movie :D

61n5k-wUDTL._SY445_.jpg

tenor.gif?itemid=3464511

I was in my late 20s when it was released so it was never part of my childhood, I don't have kids and, most importantly, I hate Disney films.

:D:D ah maybe it was that so.

Soiler alert, he gets eaten! :D

According to his imdb page, he is in this movie :D

61n5k-wUDTL._SY445_.jpg

How is this the first time I'm hearing about this film?

How is this the first time I'm hearing about this film?

Because Keith Duffy is in it maybe :pac:

I was in my late 20s when it was released so it was never part of my childhood, I don't have kids and, most importantly, I hate Disney films.

:eek: :confused::o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Will get some noms in at some stage today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Never seen the Lion King. Got Disney+ for the kids last month. They don't like it, and I'm not impressed with the lineup. That reminds me, any Marvel movies that get nominated will hopefully be knocked out in the first round

Never seen the Lion King. Got Disney+ for the kids last month. They don't like it, and I'm not impressed with the lineup. That reminds me, any Marvel movies that get nominated will hopefully be knocked out in the first round

I like the Marvel movies, they're perfect popcorn for the brain, but I wouldn't actually nominate any of them for this. Going to sign up to Disney+ for a month myself so I can binge on The Mandalorian. Probably won't watch anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Will send in some noms later, i'll have to have a good think about what to nominate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I like the Marvel movies, they're perfect popcorn for the brain, but I wouldn't actually nominate any of them for this.

Same.

I've no space for them in my nominations anyway, especially since there were so many Leprechaun sequels... :pac:

64xQ8tMl.jpg

Anyone that mentions any Fast & The Furious film after Tokyo Drift is getting put on my ignore list. Have some self-respect.

Anyone that mentions any Fast & The Furious film after Tokyo Drift is getting put on my ignore list. Have some self-respect.
    FYP ;)

Slight tangent, but in case you didn't see, Disney are adding "Star" to Disney+ with grown up content. Was mostly old stuff I think, 24, Lost etc but maybe worth a quick Google.

I wasn't going to, but now I kind of want to do it...

Slight tangent, but in case you didn't see, Disney are adding "Star" to Disney+ with grown up content. Was mostly old stuff I think, 24, Lost etc but maybe worth a quick Google.

Yep indeedy do from end of Feb

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2021-01-07/star-disney-plus-shows-series/amp/

• Advertisement

Big fan of the series, rewatched them all last month. Part 2 and Tokyo Drift are the worst offenders, the other 6 are awesome.

Noms in...

giphy.gif

...and they were all snubbed because The Oscars suck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,490 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Rock made them more dumb fun popcorn flicks

Noms in...

giphy.gif

...and they were all snubbed because The Oscars suck
    Only two sequels have ever won Best Picture...

Only two sequels have ever won Best Picture...

My point still stands, the Oscars suck.

Boardsies Decide is the only award that matters.

My point still stands, the Oscars suck.

Boardsies Decide is the only award that matters.
    Ah yeah, I was backing you up :p
    I know Francis Ford Coppola would throw the Oscar in the bin if Godfather 2 wins this!

• Advertisement

Ah yeah, I was backing you up :p
    I know Francis Ford Coppola would throw the Oscar in the bin if Godfather 2 wins this!

Godfather Part II ain't winning sh*t here, not with excellent and epic classics such as Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo in the mix. :D

Godfather Part II ain't winning sh*t here, not with excellent and epic classics such as Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo in the mix. :D

My money's on Police Academy 4: Citizens on Patrol. It was clearly a superb film, otherwise they wouldn't have made another three after it.

Finding Dory is clearly the best

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Return of the Killer Tomatoes has to win this, an all time classic

11 sets of entries in with over 60 unique movies.

I will declare, most of the obvious are represented and will be seeded, if you want to think outside the box with nominations.

• Advertisement

11 sets of entries in with over 60 unique movies.

I will declare, most of the obvious are represented and will be seeded, if you want to think outside the box with nominations.

Fear not, I've added class, sophistication and knowledge to proceedings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Given its success in other tournaments, Back to the Future 2 has this sown up, doesnt it ? :pac:

75 unique entries in so far and I will add my own. Still taking nominations. All movie entries so far have been validated and accepted.

I hope to start this next week, probably Monday. Still space for some more, if anyone would like to submit another 5 noms, you can.

In any case, we will have enough to get started.

Nominations completed, live thread up, hoping to start tomorrow around 10am

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=115946830#post115946830

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Ah crap I forgot to enter

ShaneU wrote: »
    Ah crap I forgot to enter

Send me on your noms Shane, I will fit them in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Am I too late for noms?

Am I too late for noms?

Unfortunately we have already started the voting. Please PM me them and I will try something with them. Maybe some 3-way matches if everyone is fine with that.

Advertisement