Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Movie Kolrus - Battle of the Decades

• 23-12-2020 9:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,421 ✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

What is movie walrus?

It is a game where each player will pm me a movie for each category, the player with the highest score at the end will be declared the winner.

Why am I doing this?

I love movies, I love you all, and it's Christmas

What movies do I like?

I mainly watch thrillers, horrors, and action movies. That's not to say I don't like anything in between.

The categories

As the title suggests, this will be a battle of the decades. Please nominate one movie from each of these decades.

70s
    80s
    90s
    00s
    10s

Why did I choose these categories?

Although I love the classic film noir era of the 40s and 50s, I think the 70s is a good start point here, movie production really moved up a notch then and I think there are loads I still have to find, whether they be classics I've never got around to watching or hidden gems. As for the decades theme, well it is a nice easy one with almost unlimited posibilities.

But wait....there is one more thing.

The player who nominates the best movie overall will gain a bonus 5 points.

So, there you have it, please pm me your nominations. I would ideally like to have a max of 12, or a dirty dozen if you will. Good luck everyone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

I like your idea for the categories, with so many possibilities to send this may take me a while to find the right movies to send you but I'm in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Sawduck wrote: »
    I like your idea for the categories, with so many possibilities to send this may take me a while to find the right movies to send you but I'm in

Same. Save a spot for me, I'm in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Purgative

I'll jump on this bandwagon too.

When is closing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Reberetta

tenor.gif?itemid=14571000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,421 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Purgative wrote: »
    I'll jump on this bandwagon too.

When is closing?

No closing date as such but if I reach 12 I will close it. If I dont reach that target I will close it sooner but will give a heads up when.

• Advertisement

Kolido wrote: »
    No closing date as such but if I reach 12 I will close it. If I dont reach that target I will close it sooner but will give a heads up when.

Better crack on then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

tenor.gif
    Here I am, Kol!

I'm in, so another space gone :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Reberetta

Check your inbox for the winning entry because
    giphy.gif

3 players in so far, shaping up nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Kolido wrote:
    3 players in so far, shaping up nicely.

Will try and get an entry in this eve or tomorrow Kol :)

Necro wrote:
    Will try and get an entry in this eve or tomorrow Kol

Scratch that, I'm in (I think)

Necro wrote: »
    Scratch that, I'm in (I think)

Ooh a rushed selection perhaps :pac:

Purgative wrote:
    Ooh a rushed selection perhaps

Very much so :D

Not sure how active I'll be online for the next week, out at the parents for Christmas so I have to be somewhat social :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,499 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'll get thinking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Films in & fully prepared for last place already... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Films in & fully prepared for last place already... ;)

in too, and possibly fighting you for it. . .

giphy.gif

Irish Aris wrote: »
    in too, and possibly fighting you for it. . .

Unless Kol turns out to be a massive fan of dodgy B-Movies, I'm not holding out much hope for this one, but sure look, I love my nominations and that's all that matters... :D

Unless Kol turns out to be a massive fan of dodgy B-Movies, I'm not holding out much hope for this one, but sure look, I love my nominations and that's all that matters... :D

I don't think it matters tbf. We're in for a fun journey and we'll discover some hidden or forgotten gems.

Purgative wrote: »
    I don't think it matters tbf. We're in for a fun journey and we'll discover some hidden or forgotten gems.

Ah yeah definitely, I don't play Walruses to win, that's always just a bonus, I'm mainly here to enjoy myself and discover new things I wouldn't have been aware of otherwise.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

We have 8 in so far and a couple others who showed interest in the tread. Happy to run this with between 10 or 12 players, no rush though, will leave this open for another while. If anyone wants to change their nominations they can do so before I close sign ups.

Regarding the nominations so far, the vast majority I have not seen which is great. There are also a few that have been on my watchlist for a long time so I will finally get to watch them.

Thanks everyone.

If anyone wants to change their nominations they can do so before I close sign ups.

No I hummed and hawed enough already.

Unless maybe I should :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Is this still open to join in?

Is this still open to join in?

Yep, 9 in so far, hoping to get between 10 and 12.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Yep, 9 in so far, hoping to get between 10 and 12.

Coola boola I'll fire some off to you now. I'm struggling with a 2010s choice atm. Might just have to throw in something of not much credibility .. :pac:

Casting nearly completed, we have 11 places filled. Going to leave auditions open until Friday, happy to direct this with 11.

I probably didn't reply to anyones PMs so let me say thanks and Happy New Year to everyone.

Cast so far...

The Purple Tin
    Purgative
    Rebe
    Necro
    Sawduck
    Aris
    ShaneU
    Diamonds
    SineadSpears
    Liz

and....

Also starring Levar Burton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Happy New Year Kolido - and everyone!!!

Last Kol on this one, closing today.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Watched my first movie last might, a decent start but I hope they get better!

First reveal should be ready by end of the month

Looking at Thursday evening for the first reveal if there's nothing else happening around here. Hope it suits everyone

Advertisement