Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for 100w Solar Panel

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

Have you anything to add to this one @Sir Liamalot , I have decided that the prices have reached the point that a 100w panel is now worth the investment , probably have been for quite a while now !!

100W panels are pretty expensive for what you get.

I use 300Watters + MPPT these days.

451781.JPG

1uNdDtb.jpg

HPeqjku.jpg

E1Dpxwg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

Yes I have been following your solar journey ,for starters we would not have the space for a 300 watter ,we are just tourists so really just hoping to extend the life of the batteries at avoid site fees , for around €200 a simple 100w set up seems like the way to go ?

100W is probably the minimum useful size for that, definitely lower than 80W is pointless and gets proportionately more expensive the smaller you go.

MorningStar make very good charge controllers that will actually maintain a battery properly. The cheaper ones not so much, they all produce similar output but it's the regulation, long term reliability and battery longevity yer paying for at the top.

Stay away from flexible solar unless you want to replace them every 5 years. They're not UV stable. They go yellow and die.

Advertisement