Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dust Build Up

Options
  • 12-08-2020 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭

Firstly, if this is in the wrong place apologies...

So basically we are having a dust build issue in some rooms in the house...

Shelving, picture frames, really any surface dust builds up very fast...

Have started to dust and hoover daily. Stopped the cats getting upstairs...But within a day there is dust on these surfaces after being clean 24 hours previous.

Never experienced such rapid build up in all my years living out on my own

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Have you any construction work nearby? Do you have windows open semi/fully constantly?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,657 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

We live in a dirty World. It's crazy the amount of dust that can be on your house no matter how much you clean it. That's all you can do unless you can find the source but there is always dust blowing about in the air so with windows open on this heat more dust gets into your house always going to be some dust.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I wonder if it's due to all of us spending more time at home these days. I noticed the house getting dusty very quickly too. We do have the windows on the vent for most of the day and there's a building site not too far away though, didn't even think of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »

Never experienced such rapid build up in all my years living out on my own

Dead skin flakes make up the majority of dust so maybe having 2 people in the place is contributing to the dust. Maybe one or both of you could try body lotion after showering, if your skin is not so dry then there will be less flaking off. Give it a try, I'd love to know if it helps. :)

Advertisement