Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parkview Stepaside Belarmine

Options
2»

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Where are you looking? Remediation is under way in Simonsridge, and as far as I know works in some of the blocks there are complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Raleha94

Toots wrote: »
    Where are you looking? Remediation is under way in Simonsridge, and as far as I know works in some of the blocks there are complete.

I'm looking at Parkview in Stepaside so hoping there have been some works there or at least confirmation of costs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 handycode

Negative: No updates on Fire and Safety issues until November 2021, a lot of residents didn't paid. Management company refused to do any maintenance due to high insurance. Block have broken glass doors and i broke my hand with that door and not replaced for last 6 months!!! Electric Gates are not working for over more than a YEAR! Management company charge owners Maintenance fees as usual, so if you going to buy expect to pay full price, plus a lot of strangers and foreign language people drink on balconies all night long, particular around ELM block on First and Second floors, do your research before. Plus the biggest New Social development block (500 apartments) is just 20 meters away.

Positive: Great location.

When its come to listed for sale on MyHome or Daft, Real estate agents cannot refuse advertise for sale on behalf of the owners, but they do hide information about Fire and Safety issues, they only told me that when i booked a viewing, they don't want to raise negative image as it might affect their rating if their mention issues in the listing description

Parkview, Belarmine, Stepaside

• Registered Users Posts: 1 samarraff

Any update on this since the last post?

I put on offer on an apartment in the Elm, Parkview, only to find out about fire issues after reading this feed. The Estate agent did not give as any indication of any issues!!

Has any construction work started on this ? Any clarity on who will pay the bill or the time frame for the works to be completed?

I really like the apartment and location and don't want to give up on it if the issue may be resolved soon.

Parkview, Belarmine, Stepaside

• Registered Users Posts: 5 perfumy

Hi all,

I'm just wondering is there any sign of the fire problems being fixed in the Willows. Management fees have increased significantly this year and I'm told the fire issues are being resolved with everyone having to pay 10k. Does this mean its possible to apply for a mortgage for one of these apartments with the banks now if all of the repairs are imminent? I note the electric gate is still not working and the doors to main areas are not altogether that secure. There are also some overflow pipes gushing with water from them but apart from that I can't see any further issues.

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 pinkytree

I’m wondering if the fire issues have been fixed in Park View ? Is there any news ?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

I doubt it, but you should enquire with the estate agents where it is at now. I know they were looking for a levy of 10k within the last 12 months, statistically they'd be doing well to get 25-50% of the people to pay that, and now with the rumours of the Government stepping in, that will make people hold off until that's in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Maxicat

Hi,

I am also looking to buy in Parkview Does anyone know if the works are close to getting started and would this be covered under the New government redress scheme? In your opinion do you think it's safe to buy there now given the new government redress scheme? Would appreciate your opinions on this.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 caoimhsF

Hello,

I am viewing an apartment in this development soon, does anybody know if there is electric vehicle charging points on site?

thanks 🤞🏼

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Just sold a property there, nothing to do with the works, moved to a house.

We had paid the 10k required and the buyers solicitor received a letter from the mgmt co confirming same and was all good. Not sure when the works are due to begin.

Really liked it there, apartments are on the larger side, loads of amenities and they are well specked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 carac

I am also looking to purchase in Parkview as Vendor has also paid fee and received MUD detailing out approach to resolve albeit it will be covered under the redress scheme. But wanted to ask if you can answer did you sell to a Cash or Mortgage buyer?? Thanks in advance

Was cash but agent told us they have had mortgage buyers successfully buying.

Brady & McCarthy seem to sell most places up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ch.r.21

Hi, I’ve also viewed a few apartments and I’m on the fence about buying. Estate agents have confirmed the fire safety works have been paid and will happen over the summer but I am still a bit on the fence. Any feedback from people who lived there? It seemed like a nice place…

We lived there for about 15 years (bought off the plan).

Great area, couldn't fault it. The bedroom sizes are very generous compared to other apartment blocks. Apartments were high spec too, we replaced out kitchen before selling.

It's a shame about the repair works needed but sure, every apartment block in the country has some sort of issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 magnolia_18

Hi, I’m interested in buying an apartment in parkview though depends on bank approval. When I did the viewing, I saw fire sensors/smoke alarms were there inside the apartment. Does anyone know what exact fire safety issues are there in parkview apartments? If possible please share the management company details. I liked the place but difficult to find any other property with reasonable price.

Thanks in advance!

Yep alarms in each apartment

The fire proofing issue is from memory between the apartments (they are modular apartments).

Management Company is Core (they are useless, much like a lot of mancos).

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bea468

Does anyone know have there been any updates on the works in Belarmine? Currently planning on viewing a couple of apartments in Parkview and also Belarmine Plaza.

Or has anyone bought there in the past couple of years and have any experience as to what's going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 magnolia_18

For parkview, I can say the fire safety fix got delayed and there could be some update by end of the year. No work started so far. If you want to live there for long time, you can buy but not sure when the fix will be applied. It’s just mental stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bea468

Thank you, that's unfortunate! I might steer clear for the time being

• Registered Users Posts: 3 vanjaklc

Has anyone recently purchased an apartment there using BOI? We're currently in the midst of the process, and the wait is nerve-wracking for us. While our solicitor and broker don't seem too worried about us being rejected, we're eager to know if there are any recent buyers who weren't cash buyers. Thanks in advance!

Post edited by vanjaklc on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭tfeldi

There is a Facebook page 'Parkviewers, Belarmine, Stepaside, Dublin 18' that you can also contact. It's active enough.

Great! Thank you 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ChazyP

Hi, I am also hoping to buy in Parkview with BOI and just wondering how you’re getting on and if there have been any concerns over the fire safety issues please?

We were rejected today by BOI. They said they don't want to give us a loan until fire safety issue is sorted. Maybe our solicitor didn't present our case correctly, who knows. I hope you will get approved. But I suggest you to go with another bank if you have that option. We will try with PTSB now because we really want that apartment. Best of luck and give an update. I'm interested in how it will turn out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Is there a fire safety certificate (dated but valid ?) for these apartments?

Advertisement