Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips 50" 4K UHD Ambilight Smart TV With HDR (Plus €10 Voucher) - €489 [Argos]

Options
  • 26-05-2018 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭

Have just reserved one in my local Argos but not sure. about it yet.. reviews seem decent!

661-7597884-BMY692M.jpg

Philips 50PUS6272 50 Inch 4K UHD Ambilight Smart TV With HDR
    This Philips Ultra HD HDR TV provides up to 4x the detail of Full HD TVs. A Smart TV with Freeview Play gives catch-up, on-demand services and live TV together in one place. Find programmes from BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5 and UKTV Play alongside up to 70 TV channels and 15 HD channels. Powered by a quad core processor.

Ambilight 3-sided makes your viewing experience more immersive by emitting a coloured glow of light from three-sides of your TV that change to match the on-screen colours. Use Miracast to share content from compatible Android devices. Comes with a 2 year guarantee. Receives Irish channels in Ireland through the mpeg 4 feature.

Television picture quality:

LED TV Screen.
    4K Ultra HD Certified display resolution.
    Viewing angle 178/178 degrees.
    Resolution 3840 x 2160 pixels.
    Dimensions:

Screen size: 50 inches.
    Size of TV H66.4, W112.8, D8.3cm.
    Size of TV with stand: H71.9, W112.8, D26.6cm.
    Weight of TV 12.8kg (unpackaged).
    Weight of TV with stand: 13.57kg.
    Footprint of TV 78cm.
    Suitable for wall mounting 200 x 200 bracket.
    Length of cable: 1.5m.
    Packaged size H89.3, W136, D16cm.
    Packaged weight 18.2kg.
    Sound quality:

Dolby sound system.
    2 x 10 watt RMS power output.
    Connectivity:

2 USB ports and 3 HDMI sockets.
    Component video socket.
    Headphone socket.
    AV socket.
    Optical connection.
    Built in Wi-Fi.
    Ethernet connection.
    DLNA compatibility.
    Smartphone remote.
    Smart TV features:

Smart TV.
    Compatible with the following smart apps: Netflix, bBC iPlayer, iTV, demand 5, 4od, youTube.
    Internet browser.
    Miracast.
    Digital features:

Features USB recording and video playback.
    HDR.
    Freeview Play digital tuner.
    Freeview Play (UK).
    Quad core processor.
    CI plus slot.
    Additional features:

Sleep timer.
    Manufacturer's 2 year guarantee.
    Energy efficiency information:

Energy efficiency rating: a+.
    On mode power consumption 61 watts.
    Off mode power consumption 0.3 watt.
    Annual power consumption 90kWh.
    Standby power consumption 0.3 watt.
    This product contains lead.
    EAN: 8718863013007.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Coill1

Picked up a 3 side ambilight after Christmas & have to say I’m delighted with it. The internet browser part’s pretty poor, but picture & ambilight more than compensate! (least I think so)
    (There’s old threads on this telly on boards)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭shoxter

I have the 48" of this tv, cant fault it. The ambilights a nice feature, can be switched off if you want but i have become used to it especially for movies and sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Coill1 wrote: »
    Picked up a 3 side ambilight after Christmas & have to say I’m delighted with it. The internet browser part’s pretty poor, but picture & ambilight more than compensate! (least I think so)
    (There’s old threads on this telly on boards)

Did you ever work out what the best settings were? I could never find a website that gave the settings and the numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭A Law

Think it was darko calibration on you tube for the settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Think it was darko calibration on you tube for the settings.

Tried it just now, but could not find it for Philips 50PUS6272/05

Tried a random similar sounding philips tv but the settings they suggest look bad on it, so guessing that's not what they really mean for mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭brendan86

I got this tv also recently so if anyone could point me in right directions for settings would appreciate it ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

While having a few drinks watching the final last night I reserved this in arklow (nearest place with stock) and was going to spin down today. Have been informed we will need new furniture/TV unit to accommodate this, by she who must be obey, so I'm going to give it a miss. If anybody is thinking about it, the stock should show up again in arklow on Tuesday. Or PM me and I'll send on the code

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭A Law

cronos wrote: »
    Tried it just now, but could not find it for Philips 50PUS6272/05

Tried a random similar sounding philips tv but the settings they suggest look bad on it, so guessing that's not what they really mean for mine.

Actually it was the 49'' one I have, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

Basq wrote: »
    Have just reserved one in my local Argos but not sure. about it yet.. reviews seem decent!

661-7597884-BMY692M.jpg

Philips 50PUS6272 50 Inch 4K UHD Ambilight Smart TV With HDR[/quote

Link comes up as a referral link ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭roosterman71

I'm not that clued in with TVs, so, is this a good TV at a good price?

• Advertisement

cronos wrote: »
    Did you ever work out what the best settings were? I could never find a website that gave the settings and the numbers.

Sorry - Never did find “recommended” settings - the list of options is baffling within the TV menus! (Still delighted with the telly though in fairness)

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Got this tv for I think e520 on Amazon, never managed to get it for the price in Argos as even with a reserve code they said it was oos. But 480 is a great price. As people said the calibration settings are nowhere to be found online but when it's wall mounted is when the Ambilight really shines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Showing as Out of Stock for Galway and the three Limerick stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 sylwunia

If anyone wants to buy this TV in Argos I have it reserved in Carlow store until the end of business day tomorrow.Just found a receipt with extended warranty on the the TV that broke down so I am not buying it anymore. Pm me for reservation code

The 55” PUS6272 is down to €609 in Argos as of this morning (according to PriceSpy)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭djdunny

For anyone who has this TV, did ye have any issues connecting it to a WIFI network?

I went through the set up yesterday and it would scan for available wifi networks and located them. But when I selected my VM network nothing happened, but when i selected the neighbours older UPC wifi it went to the next screen where I am requested to input the network key.

I had to create a guest wifi on my network with no password and it then worked.

Ideally , i would like the TV to be on the same network as my Hue bridge as I am also having issues connecting to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭fdevine

djdunny wrote: »
    For anyone who has this TV, did ye have any issues connecting it to a WIFI network?

I went through the set up yesterday and it would scan for available wifi networks and located them. But when I selected my VM network nothing happened, but when i selected the neighbours older UPC wifi it went to the next screen where I am requested to input the network key.

Ideally , i would like the TV to be on the same network as my Hue bridge as I am also having issues connecting to it.

I've had issues with wifi on my PUS6262. Flaky at best. I hard wired the TV to the router

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I've a valid code til 6pm this evening in Sligo if someone wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Code for Swords here valid til 1830 today if anyone wants. Having thought about it all weekend I don't think I can justify it haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Mr.S wrote: »
    The only thing stopping me on this is the measly 3 HDMI sockets :( Though, I suppose I could just get a HDMI switch - but, I've yet to find a decent one that works will with HDMI-CEC

Even my parents' 9 year old Samsung did work fine with HDMI-CEC and rPi and MiBox... :D

Maybe it is your receiver that is dodgy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭kaltz

Code for Athlone if anyone wants it

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

djdunny wrote: »

Had the same issue. Took about 4 attempts but it finally worked. Just turning off the TV and restarting the whole process sorted it (Eventually). The software is the only drawback of this telly, but once you've everything configured its a gem

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bhangraman

Can someone please tell me more about this €10 voucher mentioned in the title?

There is some very limited stock in Dublin area and I reserved one to pick up today or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Bhangraman wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me more about this €10 voucher mentioned in the title?

There is some very limited stock in Dublin area and I reserved one to pick up today or tomorrow.
    If you buy anything in Argos over €100, you get a €10 voucher for another purchase. If you spend €50, you get a €5 voucher. So you could in theory if you needed another thing in argos over €100 you could buy it in a separate transaction then buy the tv and use the €10 voucher making it cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭djan

Have a reservation for the TV in Blanch Shopping centre valid till end of the day (Friday) that I won't be using. PM me if interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

In case anyone missed this deal and want this specific tv then DID Electical have it on sale for €499.99 for the Bank Holiday Weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭freebee23

Just had a look online at the DID TV and it is the older 6262 model. The one in Argos is the newer 6272 model. I have a reservation for one in Argos in Blanchardstown to be collected by close of business tomorrow 4th June if anyone wants it.
    Cheers,
    freebee23

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

freebee23 wrote:
    Just had a look online at the DID TV and it is the older 6262 model. The one in Argos is the newer 6272 model. I have a reservation for one in Argos in Blanchardstown to be collected by close of business tomorrow 4th June if anyone wants it. Cheers, freebee23

Why reserve if no intending to use. I see lots of this on this forum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

freebee23 wrote: »
    Just had a look online at the DID TV and it is the older 6262 model. The one in Argos is the newer 6272 model. I have a reservation for one in Argos in Blanchardstown to be collected by close of business tomorrow 4th June if anyone wants it.
    Cheers,
    freebee23

i seen the one in DID today, caught my eye. is there much of a difference between the 2 models????

looks to be a good quality/size tv for the price

i was close to taking the plunge today in DID but decided to research some reviews when i got a chance and then came across this post in bargain alerts :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

evosteo wrote: »
    i seen the one in DID today, caught my eye. is there much of a difference between the 2 models????

2 sided versus 3 sided ambilight

Advertisement