Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Philips LED Gu10

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭skelligs

Admldj wrote: »
    Tried the led lights about 5 years ago, I have 14 spots in my house at 50w each so was desperate to try anything ,I found them terrible! like having a load of dim torches, took them all out and left the halogens in, a few months later tescos were doing a cfl bulb with a gu10 fitting 7w for €1.50 reduced from €9.50, I whipped up enough for my place and never looked back, one went on me last week though and had me thinking of led again have they come on or are they still a bit dim?

5 Years time span in LED technology is like comparing a Amstrad 1512 to a latest model IPad.

I got leds about 5 years ago - the lumen level was about 40-60lm for a 3 watt bulb, current new models will give 350lm for a 5watt. A 50watt halogen gives about 350lm-400lm.

Phillips have managed to get over 1000 lumen from one watt in their latest lab products - so in a another 5 years, expect most lighting products to be 1 to 5 watt maximum, even current floodlights.

In one report I read, they suggested that based on technology currently being developed that within 10 years Wembly stadium would need less than 2000 watts of power to be floodlit! (thats the power of a single standard hairdryer)

Advertisement