Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Onebigswitch 25*12 & 45*6 Broadband + Calls

Options
  • 15-07-2020 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭

Onebigswitch running a good offer with Pure Telecom

Unlimited broadband and all day landline to landline calls. €25 pm for 12 months, 6 months at full price of €45. 18 month contract.

Fair usage seems to be 1TB with €2.50 per 10GB over that. So that may be an issue for some.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

It’s a good deal for 18 months. But I think the Vodafone deal for 12 months just about pips it for 12 month costs.

Vodafone: 20 x 6 months then 35 x 6 months. It’s a 12 month contract so you move to €45 per month once it’s up.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

If you go to their website, they have it for 35 per month on a twelve month contract, I think it works out a bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

MarkR wrote: »
    If you go to their website, they have it for 35 per month on a twelve month contract, I think it works out a bit better.

The offer works out an average of €31.66 over the 18 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

BBMcQ wrote: »
    It’s a good deal for 18 months. But I think the Vodafone deal for 12 months just about pips it for 12 month costs.

Vodafone: 20 x 6 months then 35 x 6 months. It’s a 12 month contract so you move to €45 per month once it’s up.

That's that deal I had with vodafone (45 a month) rang them the other day saying I was moving to the 35 sky deal...vodafone matched it today at 35 a month for 12 months :)

laneooo wrote: »
    That's that deal I had with vodafone (45 a month) rang them the other day saying I was moving to the 35 sky deal...vodafone matched it today at 35 a month for 12 months :)

Vodafone will do €30pm x12 if pushed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

colm_mcm wrote: »

Well, my deal was 25 a month for 6 then 50 a month for 6 months and got 5 euro off that 50 so was 45 for those 6 months... I probably could have got 30, I see there is two separate discounts on my account now "€5 off for 12 months" and "€10 off for 12 months"...maybe could have got two ten's there, I'll know next time.

I only know this because a friend got it yesterday (FTTH product)

Thanks for lighting a fire under me.

Just came off the phone with Vodafone. I've been with them for donkeys, but was put up to €50/mo recently. Was offered a fiver discount and said no. Retention team called back minutes later and I'm now on €35/mo now with unlimited calls on a 12 month contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

So the deal BBMcQ mentions is best right? Works out at €27.50 per month for the 12 months?

So the deal BBMcQ mentions is best right? Works out at €27.50 per month for the 12 months?

Yes, on the assumption that you’ll get a deal somewhere in 12 months time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 morchgally

Yes, on the assumption that you’ll get a deal somewhere in 12 months time.

Do you know is it possible to opt out of this contract after 12 months without penalty?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

morchgally wrote: »
    Do you know is it possible to opt out of this contract after 12 months without penalty?

Vodafone, yes of course.

Pure, no it’s an 18 month contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 morchgally

Vodafone, yes of course.

Pure, no it’s an 18 month contract.

Cheers!

Update on this.
    Ordered this in July. Still waiting.

Seems their processes for ordering and validating orders are all over the place. Not a good start.

Order on the phone
    Package confirmed with agent
    Call transferred to a 3rd party who reads the T&Cs
    Advised delivery in 7 days
    Receive confirmation email
    Receive confirmation letter

Nothing

Contact Pure 12 days later
    Told order hasn’t progressed because I hadn’t called them back to advise I was going ahead
    Order “fast tracked” for delivery in 7-10 days time.

Identical email to the one I received in July received again.

They admitted they can’t keep up with the volume of orders. Don’t like how they blamed me for the fact that their processes don’t work, but all telcos are infuriating so no surprises there. Once it works and I’m billed correctly I won’t care much.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Just on this, I got this rate from them 2 weeks ago. I was already with them but just out of contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭legend99

Hi,
    Does anyone happen to know what eir will go to if pushed? Apologies for asking if it's not in line with rules etc.
    Tks

Advertisement