Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Philips 50" 4K UHD Ambilight Smart TV With HDR (Plus €10 Voucher) - €489 [Argos]

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

bassy wrote: »
    would,nt touch any kind of a philips tv no way.................................................................

Why?

Have one myself, and the only thing that even slightly annoys me about it is the limited apps available on the app store compared with Samsung and LG for example.

Apart from that, can't fault it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Only

brightkane wrote: »
    I have an ambilight and thought it was broken but the kids had changed it to react to audio and not video as it had been . Just in case yours is the same

Oohh, I never thought of that - will take a look and see - thanks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭billbond4

Or do a factory reset ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Only

Thanks guys - it turned out that the setting had been changed to sync with acoustics ... all fixed now!!! Can always rely on Boardsies :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,284 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Great TV, have mine about a year, love it. Visitors always comment on the ambilight,I wouldn't be without it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Alot of the philips are coming with 6 year parts and labour warranty - for a TV that is pretty good. Samsung, Sony, LG can be pretty miserly with warranties for tvs costing into the thousands.

Have to say love the look of the Ambilight - the Philips OLED range is in high contention for a future purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭StonedRaider

Any telly from richer sounds (apart from clearance) come with a 6 year warranty as standard and free delivery. Some jokers on adverts selling used telly's at prices very close to brand new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

I got the 65" version .

My issue is Dolby Atmos on Netflix. Sometimes it works, most time it does not. Hit or miss.

pain in the hole....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I got the 65" version .

My issue is Dolby Atmos on Netflix. Sometimes it works, most time it does not. Hit or miss.

pain in the hole....

Thats a netflix issue isnt it, the dolby atmos is only supported on certain titles.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/64066

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭AndyOHart

I got this TV when the deal came out.
    It was great but now I have like 4-5 white 'blotches', that can really notice on black parts of the screen when its on.
    So shadows and stuff can notice quite a bit. Anybody know is the TV ****ed or it needs some other repair? I don't know how I could get a repair off them since don't have a receipt from 2 years back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Thats a netflix issue isnt it, the dolby atmos is only supported on certain titles.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/64066

yES. Titles like Drive to survive are Atmos. 5.1.2

Which sounds incredible .

But one day it works, the next day it reverts back to 5.1

sometimes a power cycle brings it back, most times not. After fitting ceiling speakers im fair disgusted with the glitchy telly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭ablelocks

yES. Titles like Drive to survive are Atmos. 5.1.2

Which sounds incredible .

But one day it works, the next day it reverts back to 5.1

sometimes a power cycle brings it back, most times not. After fitting ceiling speakers im fair disgusted with the glitchy telly.

it still may not be the tv - it could be the installation of netflix on it. From my ltd reading, "smart" TV apps can be finicky.

I run all my apps from a firestick instead of the TV versions. I only installed atmos speakers last week (not really expecting much to be honest, they're over the front surrounds and we have a vaulted ceiling, so they'll probably not be as effective) and haven't had a chance to check it out. But I'll play drive to survive thru the TV and then thru the firestick to see. (I have the OLED804)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

I've the 65", love it, best tv ever

Advertisement