Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

W126 Mercedes as daily?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭w124man

bemak wrote: »
    Very nice indeed! On a side note - I thought Johnnie Fox's was the highest pub in Ireland?! :confused:

Just had a look at the cycle layer openstreet map which has contours. I've crosschecked these before with topographical surveys and they're quite accurate. According to them Johnnie Fox's lies between +270-280m while Vartry House is slightly above +240m.

The cheek of them!

Perhaps a pub crawl with some accurate sat-nav equipment is called for!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭_ptashek_

A well cared for W126 would do for a daily, but they're all thirsty as it's a heavy car. It'll be more expensive to maintain than a W124, and likely even a W123.

I'm running a 200k miles M104 engined S124 as a semi-daily / second car, and it's never gave me any bother in that respect after some post-purchase issues were sorted out.

It averages 18mpg, which is good enough in Dublin traffic for a car its size.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭bemak

_ptashek_ wrote: »
    A well cared for W126 would do for a daily, but they're all thirsty as it's a heavy car. It'll be more expensive to maintain than a W124, and likely even a W123.

I'm running a 200k miles M104 engined S124 as a semi-daily / second car, and it's never gave me any bother in that respect after some post-purchase issues were sorted out.

It averages 18mpg, which is good enough in Dublin traffic for a car its size.

And that's a fine car too. Love the estate

Advertisement