Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCB Questions, Classic policy

Options
  • 09-09-2015 8:22pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭

Basically I have 6 years ncb on my 97 pugeuot 106 and due to its age the insurance cost has jumped by 65%
    I've been doing a lot of shopping around and am not getting a lot better quotes.

I did find a company that will insure it as a classic for a decent price, but as it's a classic policy they dont need my ncb, and I won't earn any with them.

So my question is how long is the ncb I have valid for and will having the car on a classic policy have any bearing on it.

Main reason that I'm wondering is that I may be changing the car in the future and would like to keep my ncb.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 64,900 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Have you got a full NCB in your own name on your main car too? In that case if in future you want to sell your classic car (Peugeot 106) and buy another second car (non-classic), you're likely to get a deal from the insurer of your main car (duplicate / split the NCB or something like that). Ask them about it now?

savagethegoat is right though, if you have no insurance in your own name for 2 years, the NCB is gone.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Yeah I have two ncb's at the moment.
    Tbh, I found it difficult to get it mirrored in the first place so would like to hang on to it if I could.

If it's valid for 2 years then that's ok.

I wonder how would it work if I still had the 106 on classic insurance and used the ncb on a 3rd car...

And does the fact that I will not have a break in insurance matter, I'll have it on one car, just not using the second ncb.

Went ahead and insured it as a classic with Autoline in NI.

340 fully comp through Allianz, pretty happy with that.

Can just keep the ncb safe in case I require it in the next while I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,992 ✭✭✭Barr

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Went ahead and insured it as a classic with Autoline in NI.

340 fully comp through Allianz, pretty happy with that.

Can just keep the ncb safe in case I require it in the next while I guess.

I thought they just cover cars in Northern Ireland ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Barr wrote: »
    I thought they just cover cars in Northern Ireland ?

It is in their assumptions that you are a UK resident

It is in their assumptions that you are a UK resident

Must read over them but I made it clear I was a ROI resident. They only insure classics for the Republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭unfit2006

I have insured my classics with Autoline for quite a few years now. Great company to deal with and very keenly priced policies.

Yeah double checked my policy and they have no mention of being UK resident so I'm OK :)

Advertisement