Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

corolla gti/gt/gl

Options
  • 29-08-2015 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Any body out there no of a person selling a mint corolla gti/ gt or gl 3 dr h/b year 1987-1992 with full history I am looking for one clean with no work done or needed original
    Any body help me out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Good luck getting a 25-30 year old Corolla with full history.
    I know of a very clean LHD Irish reg one, dunno if it'd be any good to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭sweet 78

What year is it and do u have any other details colour etc any photos?

it's red, and pretty sure it's 90

If you have any contact details for this person let me no so I can get photos
    Thanks

If you have any contact details for this person let me no so I can get photos
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Would this be any good?

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla-gti-1990-japanese-import/9877651?offset=19

Phone number for the red one is 061 361216

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

Good luck hunting lad. I spent 3 years looking for a good AE92 GTI until I was finally happy with a car. The cars suffer from cronic rust in soo many areas that anothing less than about an hour going over any car is a must to get a solid suss. They go on the boot door at the bottom of the screen, under the side windows, under the skirts & inner sills, along the windscreen edges, bottom's of the doors, bulkhead and of course the arches (both inner & outer) so as I said be cautious. Engine wise, issues with the automatic choke was something I found a bit of and some had an amount of play in the gearstick from the mounts rusting or becoming weak. Most of the ones that came in from the UK seem to have a much better history file compaired with Irish ones or even ones that are in a long time and been through a massive amount of hands. Mine had original bill of sale in Aug '90 and every stamp and receipt which was a massive piece of mind. If you do find one, parts can be a bit tricky to get. Toyota still have plenty of the small bits and bobs but most decent sized parts are discontinued. Best bet is get into owner groups as theres people with bits lying about and prices havnt sky-rocketed like AE86 parts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭Silvera

CianDon wrote: »
    Good luck hunting lad. I spent 3 years looking for a good AE92 GTI until I was finally happy with a car.

Best bet is get into owner groups as theres people with bits lying about and prices havnt sky-rocketed like AE86 parts

3 years?! Pha! I spent 15 years looking for the right (chrome bumper) Opel Manta Coupe (finally got it in July this year)! ;):D

Seriously though, joining an owners club is sound advice. I'm sure the right car is out there, it's just a matter of spreading-the-word among the 'right people'.

Also keep an eye on the UK weekly classic car papers - 'Classic Car Weekly' and 'Car Buyers Guide' (in most newsagents).

Advertisement