Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Campions Insurance odd experience

Options
  • 19-06-2013 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭

I called Campions today for a classic car quote (standard '78 Porsche 924) and was given a quote of €150 third party for 5000 miles. I have 1 years NCB, male, 33 and most other companies have quoted me 3-4 times that. He sounded like he was bored out of his mind.

Does anyone think he was giving a random quote just for a laugh?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Who cares, really, just take it. I've never been able to discern any particular rhyme or reason to motor quotes.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Anan1 wrote: »
    Who cares, really, just take it.

And don't crash, get it vandalised or nicked.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,774 ✭✭✭✭unkel

macplaxton wrote: »
    And don't crash, get it vandalised or nicked.

Not for the first 3 years anyway. After that your insurance savings by paying only €150 are nearly enough to buy yourself another one should that happen :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Thanks guys, was just a bit paranoid after the thing years ago where FBD insured classics - but only for driving to and from classic shows. Took a while for people to cop on.
    After that your insurance savings by paying only €150 are nearly enough to buy yourself another one should that happen

True, pre '80 924 NAs are worth feck all now, still a challenge to find a good one on my budget (around €1000). Anyway, I'm in no hurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 68Buick

I think Campions have a basic 3rd party policy where they insure the car while being driven, not the actual person and anyone between 25 and 70 can drive the car. From what I remember it is €125 for the insurance + €25 for membership of some classic car club that they have a deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Kace

I thought that the other stipulation is that you have to have full insurance in another car to qualify for the Campion Classic insurance ?

You might want to confirm this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Kace wrote: »
    I thought that the other stipulation is that you have to have full insurance in another car to qualify for the Campion Classic insurance ?

You might want to confirm this.

I have full insurance in another car, no issues there.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Kace

You're on the pigs back then. I was similar to yourself albeit my 'classic' is only from 1995.

I insured under Campion for €300 or so, when the nearest quote from any other insurance company was over €1000. Obviously a no brainer.

Advertisement