Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tornado Reported Near Manchester

Options

Comments

Iancar29 wrote: »
    The squall line that past through this morning apparently produced 1 maybe even 2 tornadoes only ahwile ago near manchester.

Opinions?... does it look like proper tornadic damage or just high gusty winds from the squall line passing through?

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1466383_video-woman-injured-as-mini-tornado-strikes-heaton-moor

Saw this report on RSOE Iancar, thought you might be interested.

A woman has been taken to hospital after what has been described as a "tornado" struck part of Greater Manchester. A sudden gust of wind toppled a chimney in Heaton Moor near Stockport at about 1430 GMT. The woman was taken to Stepping Hill Hospital with shock and cuts and bruises, said a fire service spokesman. There are also reports of wind damage in Blackburn, Lancashire. Dave Ashton, 38, from Heaton Mersey was in his computer shop at Moor Top on Heaton Moor Lane when he witnessed what appeared to be a "brief tornado". "It went almost pitch black," he said. "The wind suddenly turned up about 20 notches to the point when it became quite frightening. "It felt like you were in the middle of a hurricane and then it all died down and outside you could just hear car alarms." It was very frightening actually," said Mr Ashton. "I know a lot of the shop owners and people were quiet shaken up." Heaton Moor Road has been closed between Green Lane and Moorside Road. Another resident Eleanor Hirst, 38, who lives on Green Lane was just about to leave the house with her son. "It looked like a scene out of Wizard of Oz," she said. "The sky went black and I saw it all whirling around. "It was as if you could see the wind itself. It was going around and round. It doesn't surprise me that it was a tornado. "It was like something that you've never seen before."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,362 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Might have been Mrs Rooney chasing Mr Rooney.

No, on second thought, F0 tornado, fits the radar (that I saw live, like).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Any chance it ploughed through Old Trafford??:D

Advertisement