Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Difference between IEPs, PPPs & Student Support Files

• 09-10-2019 8:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm working in SEN in Post Primary this year and I'm a bit lost with limited support from where I work. Can anyone please explain the difference between these three things? Are Individualised Education Plans, Personalised Pupil Plans and Student Support Files the same thing? What's the difference? I can't really differentiate what is supposed to be different about them.

I'd really appreciate the help. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭CraftySue

Hi all,

I'm working in SEN in Post Primary this year and I'm a bit lost with limited support from where I work. Can anyone please explain the difference between these three things? Are Individualised Education Plans, Personalised Pupil Plans and Student Support Files the same thing? What's the difference? I can't really differentiate what is supposed to be different about them.

I'd really appreciate the help. Thanks.

Student support plans (IEP) are forms which are filled out for all students receiving additional support, continuum of support post primary resource pack (online) has a template. Students who receive support come under classroom support, support for some, and support plus. Support plans and IEP'S are the same just different names. PPP is for those with SNA access, I usually incorporate this into a student's support plan (plus), it's a list why a student receives SNA access, relevant to the circular, and includes targets on how you will try and reduce student dependence on SNA, as well as any care plan for example in the event of an epilepsy attack. PPP and support plan must be signed by parents, teachers and sent to SENO

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

IEPS are now called School Support Plus- as part of the continuum- SSp+ are usually for children with some sort of a diagnosis from an outside agency, so like the old "resource" cohort.

School Support Plans are for former learning support type cohort.

Classroom support plans are for children who are experiencing difficulty within the mainstream class. Parents must be informed that such a plan has been started.

PPS are sought by the SENO on an annual basis as outlined above.
    No signature is technically required on the various support plans and indeed some SEN teams actively discourage signatures as EPSEN was never enacted and school staff were never trained in how to compile these plans or given sufficient resources to enact them. Imagine in a large secondary school trying to track down every single teacher working with a child for a signature! Likewise, the School Support Plan or Class Support plan aren't sent to the SENO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭CraftySue

Apologies, when I said teacher, I meant the SEN teacher who is over the support plan. As I said, I incorporate PPP with support plan to avoid duplication - hence the reason to be signed. Those with a SEN qualifications are trained to write IEP's, complete tests and identify targets for students, the problem is SEN/ resource is mainly used as a filler subject for teachers, with many teachers working with one student.

Advertisement