Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Late Late Show 11/10/19

Comments

I'll be watching El Camino tonight! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

I'd say Bercow could be value for money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

PS where are the puppies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,999 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

What length are his feet!!

Does he wear clown shoes?

Jez, they aren't natural...look at the one on the right of picture....sweet jesus it must be a size 20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,999 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

As for the guests, Brendan O'Carroll....the 1st of his 5 visits this season?

Joe Duffy, I called that one myself last week. Got a new buke out you see. Free advertising and they pay his to promote it.

O'Shea.....more from the canteen.

Heaslip....that'll be boring. Last week after the Russia debacle he tried to defend the team to the hilt. He is too friendly with the squad, so he's coming on to say nice things about Joe and the boys. It'll be a boring interview.

Bercow only decent guest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Go on the bercow.
    ORDER ORDER

Brendan o Carroll dressed as a granny trying to be funny.many no thanks.absoloute torture sitting through that sh1te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,259 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

PS where are the puppies?

Defected to the RDS thread :)

Bercow should be an interesting (or should I say, intriguing?) interview, he’s pretty outspoken and whatever filters he might have had as Speaker will probably be turned off as he’s giving that up. He’s a performer, too

I saw (and more importantly heard) Sibeal sing at the Fleadh in Drogheda. She has a lovely voice. I’m not Irish but there’s something special about the pure voice of a number of Irish girl/women singers that, when combined with a classic Irish song, makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck.

Two out of the ten guests that I feel are worth watching. Not much of a batting average, really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I'll record it so I can skip throw everything else and just watch Bercow tomorrow.

I'll record it so I can skip throw everything else and just watch Bercow tomorrow.

Hey don’t forget Sibeal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Anyone know what order they are on? Just need to know re Bercow. O'Carrol? Dear oh dear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I'm guessing Duffy will be on first.
    Mainly so he can catch the post-news audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Sibeal Ni Chasaide, the highlight :)

Joe Duffy must be going to write a buke about the childer of every conflict.

A mediocre talent on a huge salary really raking in more money from his bukes.

A proper historian should be writing such works and they'd barely meet their publishing costs. But this bleeding heart is a different story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

sligojoek wrote: »

And Bercow last to keep everyone watching till the end.

sligojoek wrote: »

It’s quite clear you are a devout and practising cynic. Hoorah! There’s at least two of us (and probably many, many more!)

Naggdefy wrote:
    And Bercow last to keep everyone watching till the end.

He's really the highlight of the show. He wouldn't stick around all the dross until the end??
    ORDER! order!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

It’s quite clear you are a devout and practising cynic. Hoorah! There’s at least two of us (and probably many, many more!)

He went 2 minutes into the 3,00 news slot today before mentioning he'd be on the LLS. Making sure to catch maximum audience.

bobbyss wrote: »
    ORDER! order!

Pint of Guinness please

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

I wonder if he'll disingenuously name-drop some charity to imply that this is some benevolent enterprise like he did with The Jack and Jill Foundation and his last book...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,674 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Am I right in saying John Bercow is the only Late Late debutant tonight? Remarkable.

Also, I would like to apologise in advance for saying order order a million times this evening. But I'm still gonna do it.

• Advertisement

sabat wrote: »
    I wonder if he'll disingenuously name-drop some charity to imply that this is some benevolent enterprise like he did with The Jack and Jill Foundation and his last book...

It’s all to do with the JD pension pot fund, n’est pas?

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Am I right in saying John Bercow is the only Late Late debutant tonight? Remarkable.

Also, I would like to apologise in advance for saying order order a million times this evening. But I'm still gonna do it.

No problemo, mine’s another pint of Guinness please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I hope the dazzling reflection off Duffy’s brass neck doesn’t interfere with the television picture tonight

Jamie FLENDER Heaslip - no thanks
    Brendan bloody O Carroll - no way
    Joe Duffy - Nah (heard him today for the first time in over a year and I suddenly remembered why I switched to Sean Moncrieff.
    Bercow could be interesting.

Sibeal O Casside -definitely. As someone else said , she makes the hairs stand up on my neck and I get goosebumps every time she sings. First time I heard her she was singing Mise Eire it moved me to tears .

On that basis I’ll record , watch it during the week, skip the bits I don’t like .

Hopefully Bercow has a skinfull and exits the green room with an even more roaring red face than usual

The Right Honourable Gentleman from Louth must desist from unparliamentary .. ORDER!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,673 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Is Duffy not getting enough free advertising on LL that he has to go on the LLS as well (probably paid for his appearance as well) to advertise his book
    Shows the depths LLS has fallen to when they are interviewing their own "staff" hawking their wares

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

The rte canteen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I have a John Bercow story.

Gay Byrne told this at his live show a few years ago (Great night, some class stories I was the youngest person there by about 20 years).

Little John Bercow (5 feet 6 inches) is deeply unpopular in the House Of Commons among his former Tory colleagues

One evening a car reversed out and made the tiniest of contacts with Bercow's vehicle. The Speaker leapt out and immediately began shouting and roaring at the other driver. He shuffled around to identify the scratch, which was barely visible.

The other driver apologised profusely, offered to pay whatever damages were incurred and tried repeatedly to defuse the situation. Bercow kept on moaning and eventually just kept repeating "I'm not happy. I am not happy. I am not happy" over and over again

Eventually the other guy snapped and roared at Bercow
    Well, if you are not Happy then which one of the f***ing dwarves are you?

• Advertisement

Evening all!

Here, have a blobfish. :)

T7g01NEbsOWUtq1X-69tiddWBhpGJKYyF0kNVmVRgUzc4NQFwnATOHoefNVzNP4Q3VBZt_NxsQ=w640-h400-e365

Aw, would you look at the little fella :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Evening all!

Here, have a blobfish. :)

T7g01NEbsOWUtq1X-69tiddWBhpGJKYyF0kNVmVRgUzc4NQFwnATOHoefNVzNP4Q3VBZt_NxsQ=w640-h400-e365

Aw, would you look at the little fella :)

Still less chins than Mr. Duffy.

There’s lots of us around. Liveline has been classic recently, and its devotee critics here very active :)

There's a film about a nice American beach place town on RTE2 in a minute.

It's all grand until a shark arrives (up to no good, as usual)

Thought he was saying “a cool €20K for Joe Duffy”, as that’s probably his appearance fee for tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Skid X wrote: »
    There's a film about a nice American beach place town on RTE2 in a minute.

It's all grand until a shark arrives (up to no good, as usual)

Still a great film, Robert Shaw terrific

• Advertisement

There’s lots of us around. Liveline has been classic recently, and its devotee critics here very active :)

Wat colour are de devotee critics?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,985 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

hello all

was away last week in Spain - and watched back .

Was a great show last week (IMO) - 8/10.

So - tonight celebrating my sons 13th - and have cracked open a 30 euro Torres (Priorat) - big price for me.

So - I'll be miserable , get cancer , but be happy - key to life and the Late Late.

Wonder how much Ryan spends on a bottle.

Jesus 10 seconds in and I regret watching already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,431 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Joe-Duffy-Christmas-Eve-1.jpg

Sports news, now.

Football result from Prague

Czech Republic 2 Perfidious Albion 1

• Advertisement

Still less chins than Mr. Duffy.

I see you've joined us for tonight, Butters...well done, well done :D

Cancer is funnier than this.

Shirt sticking out like a tramp

**** sake -

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Dread mrs brown

The misery slot.

lol

that was funny

We have found the bottom of the barrel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Jesus Christ on the cross......a Liveline Late Late hybrid...

Is it too early to say I’m out? :D

My ma used to spit on my face to clean it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement