Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Place to stay in Munich

Options
  • 10-07-2001 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭

Will be in Munich working for a while in august.
    anyone have a place i can stay in cheap?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I stayed here plan.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Its the Kurpfalz and I tought it was nice and it aint that pricey biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 15,333 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

If you want cheap then go camping, i worked there for two summers in my student days. Cheap accomation could be found in "studentinplatz" which is a "u-bahn" stop, many students rent their flats during the summer months, you will more than likely need to speak the lingo for this though. For really cheap there is the camp sites, "thalkirken" which no doubt i've spelled wrong is good though watch out for "mcgyber"(anyone here remember him??!), which is to the north of the city but a short stroll from the u-bahn(don't remember the stops name, its up the road from the zoo though biggrin.gif ). When i was there there was a weird two week stay limit, which meant that us paddies moved to the neighbouring forest, only to be chased out by the coppers every morning. As i recall Gerry Ryan even did a show from there...ahh heady student days smile.gif

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

Cheers for the info.
    I'll probably camp until I get a job then move into some flat...
    I'm going over on my own - anyone know any people over there I could contact to show me around in those first shaky days?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,333 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Don't know anyone to show you around, but do strongly reccomend going for a pint in one of the Irish bars, best place for finding out info anywhere. There was a large Irish community there when i was working there and it was easy to make contacts.The only pub that i can remember by name was "The Shamrock" (thats was it is called!!corny but true) which was a right dive but good craic, down the road was a larger Irish bar but can't remember its name(lost a brain cell or two there..), but find one and you'll soon find the other.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭[DnC]Mr.Tickle

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fisty:

I'll probably camp
    </font>

Your always fcukin camping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,282 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Mr.Tickle - can you be a bit more constructive or else put in a smiley. mad.gif

http://www.boards.ie/bulletin/smilies.html

Kill, kill, kill the laser mice.

Advertisement