Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What do I have to provide in a rented House?

Options
  • 25-01-2019 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

I recently invested in a house and I am beginning to furnish it as everything that wasn't nailed down was taken by the previous owner/debtor who was foreclosed upon. The only stuff left behind was a broken fridge and electric hob and oven.

I plan to rent out the house and so far I have bought beds for each room and bedside lockers also dining table, chairs etc. A fridge, washing machine, dish washer, sofa and coffee table for living room and I'm adding to it daily.

I have never rented a house myself so I don't know what I am expected to provide as a landlord? Can anyone in a similar position shed light on this? As also for tenants what was provided in your place when you moved in?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

From the RTB

what minimum standards must a property meet?

The page also contains links to the relevant housing regulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭overkill602

High taxation, regulation, anti ll stigma, no laws to protect LLs, arrears/tenant damage, loss of ownership rights, extra admin, indefinite tenancies, tenant compo, criminal prosecution, constant media negativity, enforced social responsibility.
    The House should be a good investment on its own better to leave vacant cash in on appreciation

• Registered Users Posts: 18,872 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

theguzman wrote: »
    I recently invested in a house and I am beginning to furnish it as everything that wasn't nailed down was taken by the previous owner/debtor who was foreclosed upon. The only stuff left behind was a broken fridge and electric hob and oven.

I plan to rent out the house and so far I have bought beds for each room and bedside lockers also dining table, chairs etc. A fridge, washing machine, dish washer, sofa and coffee table for living room and I'm adding to it daily.

I have never rented a house myself so I don't know what I am expected to provide as a landlord? Can anyone in a similar position shed light on this? As also for tenants what was provided in your place when you moved in?

I'd get rid of everything bar the bare minimum that Graham posted. If you supply it you need to maintain and replace it if damaged or it breaks and there is little profit for the private landlord after taxes. You would also hope that someone tenting with their own furniture might have more respect for your property than someone renting furnished.

Advertisement