Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

renting ballroom for an event

Options
  • 28-07-2011 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

ok so basically
    i would like to rent the use of a ballroom or large rooms for a few sunday mornings in the next coming weeks to cater about 30to 45 people for a talk given ,duration will be 4hours,, has anyone any idea how much this will cost me ?? limerick tipperary area

any estimations welcome??

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Have you tried posting in the mid-west forum? You may find more detailed advice there as it'd be more region-specific than here. Prices tend to vary from region to region and hotel to hotel, so it would probably be best to google a few places in Limerick and give them a call to see what the prices are on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,290 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It will vary a lot, depending on the attitude of the venue and what facilities are provided and what they think they can charge for lunch, drinks, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 kickin king

im looking for a bare room, no lunch drinks etc
    just a room big enough to cater for 40 ish people thats why i would imagine a ballroom or bingo hall would be cheaper and definately more idylic from a cost point of view

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

To give you an estimate: a meeting room in a Dublin hotel about 2 miles from the city centre can cost upwards of €150 for an hour or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Try community centres and school halls. Should be available on Sunday mornings and cheaper than hotels.

• Advertisement
Advertisement