Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mess made of the lovely car park at Rehins in Islandeady

Options
  • 26-06-2020 2:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Really horrible to see two caravans pulled up and mess made of the lovely car park at Rehins in Islandeady. They also have a portaloo for some unknown reason. I'm sure it's emptied regularly, and not attracting vermin to what used to be a beautiful amenity.

Why do we have to put up with this crap? I can't bring my family there for a walk anymore.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Fairly sure that portaloo has been supplied by the Co Co

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭DumbBrunette

I noticed it too last time I was there. Maybe worth a mention to a local TD?
    Gammyeye wrote: »
    Really horrible to see two caravans pulled up and mess made of the lovely car park at Rehins in Islandeady. They also have a portaloo for some unknown reason. I'm sure it's emptied regularly, and not attracting vermin to what used to be a beautiful amenity.

Why do we have to put up with this crap? I can't bring my family there for a walk anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Why cant you bring your family for a walk anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

etxp wrote: »
    Why cant you bring your family for a walk anymore?

In that area, they would be best giving it a wide birth....

I take it it's the ethnic minority and they seem to be allowed do as they please.

Ok, so because they are possibly travellers, I don't know if they are or are not, its not safe to go for a walk there?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

etxp wrote: »
    Ok, so because they are possibly travellers, I don't know if they are or are not, its not safe to go for a walk there?

Plenty have walked there including myself. Just, as per any other parking spot, leave anything valuable in the car.
    Its not a good situation that they are there at all, but It hasn't stopped me going there. And there were 3 other cars there that day also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Jizique

yop wrote: »
    Plenty have walked there including myself. Just, as per any other parking spot, leave anything valuable in the car.
    Its not a good situation that they are there at all, but It hasn't stopped me going there. And there were 3 other cars there that day also.

I assume you mean “don’t leave anything valuable in the car”

Why doesn't anyone actually want to say it for what it is and how they treat those around them and society in general and all their dumping and crap they always leave behind.

Jizique wrote: »
    I assume you mean “don’t leave anything valuable in the car”

Well that's a given either way.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Why doesn't anyone actually want to say it for what it is and how they treat those around them and society in general and all their dumping and crap they always leave behind.

Ok so the man who shot Garda Horkan was a traveller?
    The people who dump all their empty take away packages on my road are travellers?
    The Liverpool fans who left the centre of Liverpool smashed up and covered in rubbish are travellers?
    The state of Lough Lanagh and Berta Beach with bottles, clothes, rubbish etc after parties, was that travellers?

I don't agree with the illegal camp there, but don't be blinded to think that "we" are any better.

• Advertisement

Ok so the man who shot Garda Horkan was a traveller?
    The people who dump all their empty take away packages on my road are travellers?
    The Liverpool fans who left the centre of Liverpool smashed up and covered in rubbish are travellers?
    The state of Lough Lanagh and Berta Beach with bottles, clothes, rubbish etc after parties, was that travellers?

I don't agree with the illegal camp there, but don't be blinded to think that "we" are any better.

Big difference there, we weren't discussing a different country, a football game or take away contents.

Of course others throw rubbish but they shouldn't but I know that it's nowhere near the amount on industrial scale that what the travellers do.

They collect, get paid, dump anywhere and everywhere.

This thread is going to turn into a bitching session on travellers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

As far as dumping rubbish goes an unfortunately large percentage of the Irish population will dump take away rubbish if no one is looking but travellers will always dump all their rubbish.

Big difference there, we weren't discussing a different country, a football game or take away contents.

Of course others throw rubbish but they shouldn't but I know that it's nowhere near the amount on industrial scale that what the travellers do.

They collect, get paid, dump anywhere and everywhere.

Wasn't a football game.

I think its easy to blame them but look closer to home.

The thread is about a specific site and when I was there there was no threat or sign of major dumping. That may have changed in the week but generalizing isn't ideal.

On those days at Old Head where my friends had to go pack 6 bags of rubbish by non travellers I asked 1 of them if it was the travellers who appeared on RTE the same day who did it and her reply it wasn't as she knows them and they are regulars.

As I said already there are people on both sides who regularly dump their rubbish and are anti social, so tarring them all with the one brush isn't the correct statement.

Wasn't a football game.

I think its easy to blame them but look closer to home.

The thread is about a specific site and when I was there there was no threat or sign of major dumping. That may have changed in the week but generalizing isn't ideal.

On those days at Old Head where my friends had to go pack 6 bags of rubbish by non travellers I asked 1 of them if it was the travellers who appeared on RTE the same day who did it and her reply it wasn't as she knows them and they are regulars.

As I said already there are people on both sides who regularly dump their rubbish and are anti social, so tarring them all with the one brush isn't the correct statement.

But we are discussing travellers, start another thread for scum that dump.

We all know what's going on but everyone is afraid to say as they scream racism .... Which in itself is the most idiotic comments to make....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭na1

Any pictures of how bad is it?

But we are discussing travellers, start another thread for scum that dump.

We all know what's going on but everyone is afraid to say as they scream racism .... Which in itself is the most idiotic comments to make....

We are discussing the 2 caravans at Rehins, not travellers.
    Keep it to that topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,325 ✭✭✭naughto

The gang that are in the caravans are worse than travelers and that's saying something.

naughto wrote: »
    The gang that are in the caravans are worse than travelers and that's saying something.

They are there for a reason.

We are discussing the 2 caravans at Rehins, not travellers.
    Keep it to that topic.

So what you are saying is these are not travellers?
    Who are they and what's the story then?

• Advertisement

So what you are saying is these are not travellers?
    Who are they and what's the story then?

Never said they weren't. Your discussion was heading towards a general one with regards Travellers.

Never said they weren't. Your discussion was heading towards a general one with regards Travellers.

What so we can talk about 2 caravans but not those that put them there.... This is quite bizarre

Have any of you lived beside travellers?
    Have any of you actually seen what damage they do to the areas they move from?
    The rubbish, the burning and much more

What so we can talk about 2 caravans but not those that put them there.... This is quite bizarre

We don't need a rant thread thats why. If you want a rant about travellers then After Hours is the place to go with that one.

We don't need a rant thread thats why. If you want a rant about travellers then After Hours is the place to go with that one.

Where was I starting a rant?

After hours isn't like that anyway, they tend to shut down anything and if not move it to current affairs.

I'm just stating from my experience and what I see with my own 2 eyes.

I lived beside a complex all my life and my father is still there.
    They burnt anything and everything day and night, ran scrap in and out, burnt cable to get the copper, always burnt tyres, batteries stacked high and all sort going into the earth and water table.

Like finglas with the 62 unregistered scrap yards which have no safety measures or anything to protect the environment.

I honestly think it's disgusting and how the local residents actually put up with it is shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,325 ✭✭✭naughto

They are there for a reason.

They wrecked there social house they where giving for free

naughto wrote: »
    They wrecked there social house they where giving for free

Absolutely disgusting and disgraceful how they are been pandered too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

You think that's bad , down in cork there is a group of about 40 of them that have taken over a site in an industrial estate in the last few weeks , alot are UK reg clearly came over on the ferry . No enforcement by Gardai , broke down a fence to take over the site yet Gardai won't shift them

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

OK folks this thread is heading down a dodgy road. Closed

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement