Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What if my appeal documents are lost in delivery?

Options
  • 17-07-2019 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

TLDR:
    What happens if your documents needs to be delivered to Labour court in 3 weeks, but they got lost in delivery?

I appealed a decision of WRC, and I sent the first letter to Labour Court.
    Labour Court replied and requested me to sent my written submission in 3 weeks, 5 copies to them, and a copy to the respondent.

I sent those docs with a tracking number, and I sent an email too, I attached the .pdf of the documentations to this email too. I received replies from them.

However the due date to deliver the docs are very near, and my shipment is not appeared at anpost.ie's tracking system. (I sent them from Germany and I am able to see it was delivered to Ireland.)

So what happens if they got lost? My appeal process will be cancelled just because of this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,266 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Phone / email them and ask if they are happy they have the appeal within the stated time.

You could consider:
    * Sending a copy by ordinary post - the lack of bureaucracy can mean it gets there faster.
    * Sending a copy by express courier - DHL, UPS, FedEx, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Proceedings

Victor wrote: »
    Phone / email them and ask if they are happy they have the appeal within the stated time.

You could consider:
    * Sending a copy by ordinary post - the lack of bureaucracy can mean it gets there faster.
    * Sending a copy by express courier - DHL, UPS, FedEx, etc.

Great tips. I have Tracking number and I know when they received the docs.

I just checked the tracking number online and saw that my docs are delivered on time. But it's nice to know for future: What if that wasnt the case?

Advertisement