Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wyze Camera shipping from US

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,034 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Will be in the US in a few weeks - worth picking up there and shipping to hotel?

Reviews seem to be general "Chinese" + "spying" etc - so other than that, looks like good buy!

EDIT: "(does not support 5GHz Wi-Fi)"

Of course not! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

These are excellent a have 2 myself easy set up USB powered and decent app.

Come with built in stands and magnetic disks to convert to wall mounting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

These can be picked up from the UK also under a different brand. Neos Smartcam is the same hardware, but different software. It's a bit behind Wyze in terms of features (no rtsp being the main one), but it's pretty decent so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

These can be picked up from the UK also under a different brand. Neos Smartcam is the same hardware, but different software. It's a bit behind Wyze in terms of features (no rtsp being the main one), but it's pretty decent so far.

I picked up a couple of these Neos cameras in lightning deals (£20) recently. It is a bit intrusive in terms of the data it wants from you but I'm pretty sure you can fake all that! So far its been pretty decent once the firmware was updated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

A review on the link said the hardware is the same but wyze software is miles better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

Wyze camera which comes with excellent reviews for the price isn't normally available outside the US is now shipping from Amazon US

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B076H3SRXG/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

THanks to Reddit poster
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wyzecam/comments/a49bau/wyze_cam_2376_shipping_to_the_uk_through_amazon_us/

FYI the reddit poster posted that 7 months ago:p:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Any trouble getting the US version to work on Irish power? Do you need some stepdown convertor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

sweetie wrote: »
    Any trouble getting the US version to work on Irish power? Do you need some stepdown convertor?
    They are micro usb powered so no issues. Ran mine off a battery back up so I could test positions before installing them for good

Advertisement