Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Summer sale starts July 6th at 6am!

Options
  • 05-07-2019 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,272 ✭✭✭✭

Just saw this online and said I'd pass it on.
    The next Summer sale starts Tommorow morning at 6am!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,129 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Is this the one were they sell off all the old rubbish that lies out the back of their warehouses?

I know someone who worked in Next and they said there was a sale when all their stuff that wouldn't sell was put out and the masses lapped it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,272 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

NIMAN wrote: »
    Is this the one were they sell off all the old rubbish that lies out the back of their warehouses?

I know someone who worked in Next and they said there was a sale when all their stuff that wouldn't sell was put out and the masses lapped it up.

Probably yes but I have heard of people getting lucky with the odd thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,978 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Weather's good atleast to queue with the kids all night to get a tenner off a shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭Sappy404

What did they think a sale was?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Probably yes but I have heard of people getting lucky with the odd thing.

Got a great winter coat last time for half price.

Got some tee shirts for a few quid each that are decent. Don't seem to shrink at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Will the online side of it start at midnight I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Was worth it 10yrs ago....not any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

Why does it have to start at 6am? I've heard of people going to their sale that early on St Stephen's Day. Crazy stuff.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

This is not true.
    I also have family in there and the same stuff that’s on the racks the day before are in the sale.

It’s worth the que to dress the kids in next clothing for the same price as penny’s/dunnes. As much as we use those for the kids, the next stuff is fab.

My opinion of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

I thought sale started online at 8AM, but no sign yet on Irish site. Do people shop the UK site instead for the sale?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭skitzyspider

Anybody know why the sale is not on the Irish site? Checked yesterday and the sale banner was up on the Irish site stating the sale started today, then I checked after 12pm last night and the banner was gone and there was nothing on the site about the sale. Does the UK site ship to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

OmegaGene wrote: »
    the uk site has a queue system which is a new one on me

All about generating hype.

If you get through to the website after a 10 minute queue, you're more likely to buy something.

I contacted next and they said they are having technical difficulties with the Irish site and that’s why the sale is not live yet. I’m not buying the excuse, I have a feeling that the Irish site is down to accommodate all the traffic on the UK site. By the time the Irish site is fixed, all the good stuff will already be sold out.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Irish site sale supposed to start at 10am.

Irish site sale supposed to start at 10am.

Thanks, where did you hear that? I contacted next and they said Irish site was having technical difficulties and they would not give me a time for when the sale will be live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I’ve been to this sale a few times, it’s great to snag cheap clothes for kids, it’s end of season or end of lines it’s far from rubbish

The sale rails come out, then what doesn't shift, goes back to the warehouse on the same rails till the next sale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

NIMAN wrote:

My son worked there and he said similar to the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭SQLDBA

Filter my Next brand the sale items appear. Thank me later 😜

SQLDBA wrote: »
    Filter my Next brand the sale items appear. Thank me later ��

What do you mean filter my next brand? I tried going under brands and selecting Next but sale is not showing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭SQLDBA

For example. Go to Men’s > TShirts > Select Filter > Brand > Next then the option to filter by sale items appear

• Advertisement

SQLDBA wrote: »
    For example. Go to Men’s > TShirts > Select Filter > Brand > Next then the option to filter by sale items appear

Thank you but it’s not working for me. I am doing everything you said but there is no option to filter by sale items. You can filter by price but that doesn’t bring up the sale items.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭supue

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

For anyone with kids, it’s a must-go.

We went at 6:45 yesterday after the young-one woke and we spent 200. My wife worked there years ago and knew that because of the crap summer, we’d get a lot of good stuff for next summer. We did.

Wouldn’t go there for adult stuff though.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭mjp

Trying to order from UK website to my parcel motel account but won't accept the address when I try to enter is.would they have PM blocked for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭Sappy404

mjp wrote: »
    Trying to order from UK website to my parcel motel account but won't accept the address when I try to enter is.would they have PM blocked for some reason.

Try AddressPal or Parcel Wizard.

Advertisement