Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OnePlus 6T - 8GB RAM - 128GB - 358 euro delivered

• 25-06-2019 6:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭

Great price for this phone, as long as you don't mind the 2-3 week wait from Asia and buying from Gearbest..

OP 6T

Use coupon code: GBMP6T8128

It's the 8GB RAM, 128GB storage version

Valid for the next 24 hours...

Thought it was worth sharing!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

This is similar to the Bangood offer from the other week in the other Oneplus thread, €385 with voucher code. Don't think anyone posting in that thread received a phone, just endless emails from Bangood contradicting the prior email, offers of a different colour 6T that was definitely in stock and ready to be shipped in 48hrs, until magically out of stock again. I'd save the frustration and go for the One Plus 6 64Gb from Amazon.it for 390 delivered, as they actually have stock of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

This is similar to the Bangood offer from the other week in the other Oneplus thread, €385 with voucher code. Don't think anyone posting in that thread received a phone, just endless emails from Bangood contradicting the prior email, offers of a different colour 6T that was definitely in stock and ready to be shipped in 48hrs, until magically out of stock again. I'd save the frustration and go for the One Plus 6 64Gb from Amazon.it for 390 delivered, as they actually have stock of it!

I wouldn't, the battery on the 6T is better, the notch is annoying on the 6 and 64GB of storage is not enough. I use gearbest a lot and as long as you allow 3 weeks for delivery, you won't have any stress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

What about customs?

Not worth the hassle dealing with gearbest. Just look how they fecked off from here after everyone lost interest. Zero customer service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I've taken the plunge. Here's hoping i've better luck than i did with Banggood...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

tedpan wrote: »
    I wouldn't, the battery on the 6T is better, the notch is annoying on the 6 and 64GB of storage is not enough. I use gearbest a lot and as long as you allow 3 weeks for delivery, you won't have any stress.
    Sorry to off topic but how is 64GB not enough storage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,923 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

paid 579 for this back in nov

this is a steal at the price and if you're on the fence just get off it...
    you won't regret it

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Keano wrote: »
    Sorry to off topic but how is 64GB not enough storage?

For myself, I use dropbox for all my photos and videos (which saves me a good few GB). Without dropbox, Id run out of 64GB space very quickly. Recording 5/10 minute videos in 4K, are a couple of gig (hence why I have dropbox).

However, I download a lot of albums from spotify, and that also is a good few gig. I also have a few movies on mine (Huawei) which is another few gigs. Purely depends on peoples usage. I agree that 64GB is probably enough for a lot of people. Ive 128GB on my phone and currently have 50GB used (and another 400/500GB on dropbox from this phone alone)

I take a lot of photos and video on the phone, plus I use it for my drone and dashcam. 64GB would be used up in a few weeks. Maybe I'm a heavy user...

mailburner wrote:
    paid 579 for this back in nov

I know, I paid 699 in December for the 10GB 256GB version. Was thinking of picking this up as a spare!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭barneystinson

What is the reception / call quality like on these??

• Advertisement

What is the reception / call quality like on these??

Amazing, I'm on Vodafone, so also depends on your network. The user interface is brilliant too, so easy to use. Not sure if I could go back to Samsung or Huawei.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Giggernaut

Very tempted to pull the trigger.

I'm a newb buying from Gearbest but general consensus is good but it'll take a while?

Is expedited shipping not worth it?

Giggernaut wrote:
    I'm a newb buying from Gearbest but general consensus is good but it'll take a while?

Giggernaut wrote:
    Is expedited shipping not worth it?

I always go with standard registered shipping, it takes 2-3 weeks on average. Maybe the expedited shipping is faster?

As other people have stated, their tracking is useless as well as customer support although I've always been happy at the end, it's all about being patient really..

There is also a small chance of customs. I had to pay duty on a drone battery before, everything else has been delivered without an issue, at least 30 orders at this stage.

I'd recommend them and purchase almost once a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Ordered one as my OP5 is acting up, good price lads are asking for over 400 on adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭testtech05

Nolars wrote: »
    Ordered one as my OP5 is acting up, good price lads are asking for over 400 on adverts.

Took a chance on it aswell, hopefully doesn't end up like the Banggood order......

Nolars wrote: »

I'm still using my one+1..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

We bought one in Cex . Cost 475e . was brand new in box . To say its amazing is an understatement. You won't be disappointed . It ticks all boxes .bought a front and back cover in local phone shop .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I'm an extremely heavy phone user. My 3 ye old OnePlus 3T is still absolutely flawless. Never ever had any issues best phone I've ever had by miles and I've had several iPhones etc. I honestly can't praise OnePlus phones enough

EXPIRED

Messaged GearBest to see if they could give me an update on expected dispatch of the phone, ordered on the 27th of June and got the below response:

"We are attempting to prepare your order as soon as possible. However, this item sold much faster than we expected, due to it being in popular demand, and is currently out of stock.

In order to resolve this issue, please view the estimated dispatch time of your item and our suggestion below.
    Kindly inform us your decision."

Starting to look like it might be another BangGood situation.......

• Advertisement

testtech05 wrote:
    "We are attempting to prepare your order as soon as possible. However, this item sold much faster than we expected, due to it being in popular demand, and is currently out of stock.

That's their usual rubbish update. I really wouldn't worry though, as I said I wouldn't start attempting to track for at least another 6-10 days, it just gets frustrating.

That's their usual rubbish update. I really wouldn't worry though, as I said I wouldn't start attempting to track for at least another 6-10 days, it just gets frustrating.

Thanks, I haven't used them before so wanted to follow up. Really hoping I get it now :)

testtech05 wrote:
    Thanks, I haven't used them before so wanted to follow up. Really hoping I get it now

Yeah, they are really bad at customer service and order updates. The best thing to do is check if there's any movement on Friday. This is extremely difficult especially waiting for a new phone! I have already pulled most of my hair out over the years dealing with them, but always happy in the end.

I got an email from Gearbest this morning saying it has been shipped.
    Please allow 10-18 business days for delivery.

I got an email from Gearbest this morning saying it has been shipped.
    Please allow 10-18 business days for delivery.

Me too!!! Now to wait.....

I got an email from Gearbest this morning saying it has been shipped. Please allow 10-18 business days for delivery.

testtech05 wrote:
    Me too!!! Now to wait.....

Great news lads! I'd say it'll be 2 weeks, hope you can wait that long :)

I got an email from Gearbest this morning saying it has been shipped. Please allow 10-18 business days for delivery.

Any news on the tracking lads?

Any news on the tracking lads?
    Last update on mine was that it was in Budapest on the 9th of July.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭biebiebie

I know the deal is over...and well done those who got in the deal :)

Missed it as overseas. Does anyone know if similar deal on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

biebiebie wrote: »
    I know the deal is over...and well done those who got in the deal :)

Missed it as overseas. Does anyone know if similar deal on?

Amazon Prime sale is on today and tomorrow they have OnePlus 6 at £400

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Amazon Italy have one plus 6 + case for e419 either. Save about 30 quid compared to Amazon UK mentioned above.

https://www.amazon.it/dp/B07T2Z4KLH?th=1&psc=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Cheers guys.
    Ones posted not as good? Older model, less ram dearer etc.
    Thanks nonetheless, posts appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Q&A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

After 8 days my parcel hiding out somewhere in Budapest I received updated tracking info today.

Looks like DHL finally have the parcel and it's now in Germany, message is as follows.

"Radefeld, Germany, The international shipment has been processed in the parcel center of origin"

Expecting things to progress at a faster pace from here.

Mine is showing the same now too.
    Wonder will DHL tracking be somewhat accurate from now on?

• Advertisement

Same as.

Phone delivered this morning. Haven't got it in my hands yet but looking forward to checking it out this evening

testtech05 wrote:
    Phone delivered this morning. Haven't got it in my hands yet but looking forward to checking it out this evening

Nice one! Let us know how you get on!

Nice one! Let us know how you get on!

Really impressed so far, the phone is so responsive looks great and seems to be almost endless customisation options that I will be working through for the next while :)

One downside so far is the plug adapter that came in the package from Gearbest a little bit flimsy to say the least so will need to order a better one of those.

The phone itself though very impressive and seems to be very good value for money so far.

Awesome, thanks for the update! I ended up buying a UK/Ireland dash charger for mine from eBay. Think it cost around £20, but well worth it! Enjoy!

• Advertisement

Awesome, thanks for the update! I ended up buying a UK/Ireland dash charger for mine from eBay. Think it cost around £20, but well worth it! Enjoy!
    Have ordered one from Amazon this morning but we will see if it turns out to be legit or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

Searching for a friend, these all seem sold out or have increased, anyone any idea where there are similar deals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

For another €100 you can get the newer oneplus 7 on honorbuy. It's a flashed but is the global version so won't be a problem. No customs and you'd have it in two days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

Thats great, thanks a million!

Available direct from OnePlus though nowhere near the reduced rate

https://www.oneplus.com/ie/oneplus-6t?from=6t&cjevent=08f70db9b7bf11e983ce00200a18050b

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Q&A wrote: »

https://www.oneplus.com/ie/oneplus-6t?from=6t&cjevent=08f70db9b7bf11e983ce00200a18050b

No stock

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Q&A wrote:

The 6T is completely sold out from OnePlus and has been for ages??

Strange Irish shop showed stock earlier when i checked. Probably really low stock.

You'll just have to make do with the UK site instead

https://www.oneplus.com/uk/oneplus-6t?from=6t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭wait4me

This is similar to the Bangood offer from the other week in the other Oneplus thread, €385 with voucher code. Don't think anyone posting in that thread received a phone, just endless emails from Bangood contradicting the prior email, offers of a different colour 6T that was definitely in stock and ready to be shipped in 48hrs, until magically out of stock again.

I actually received the one from the Banggood thread - great offer for a 6T. I know its older stock!

Advertisement