Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are posts anonymous?

Options
  • 06-06-2019 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi there,

If we have a sensitive question to ask can people click on my profile and see my real email address or any other details or is it just my user name?

I'll like to get some advice but would prefer to remain anonymous(expect my username :)).

Thanks
    Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,100 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

No-one can see your private details, unless you explicitly post them publicly yourself.

Not even mods see them, only admins and office staff can see email addresses or IP addresses.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi there,

To add to what Spear has said above, there are some forums that allow for anonymous posting (so you don't need to use the same Boards account that you use for general discussion). You simply need to go to the forum in question and press the new thread/post reply option. It's worth bearing in mind that anonymous posts need to be approved by a Moderator.

They are:
    Adoption
    Bereavement
    Creative Writing
    Gift & Party Ideas
    Long Term Illness
    Parenting
    Personal Issues
    Relationship Issues
    State Benefits
    The Gentlemens Club
    The Ladies Lounge