Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liam Miller RIP

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Dev84

Totally numbing.

RIP. 36 is way to young.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,973 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

So sad.

Rip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭shaunr68

Edit: Sadly the reports do seem to be authentic this time. RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Looks to be true tonight.

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Poor bastard.

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,164 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

shaunr68 wrote: »

It looks like it's not a hoax sadly. Desperately sad news, rest in peace Liam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Tam McManusVerified account
    @The_Tman10
    I’m afraid it is true that Liam Miller has sadly passed away today. Thoughts are with all his family and friends at this horrendous time. So sad.

47 replies 220 retweets 543 likes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Liam Miller was my age group's what could've been. We were all in primary school and we saw this young Irish midfielder popping up for headers in big Champions League matches for Celtic. We loved him. He signed for United and it was the biggest news ever in our school, this was to be our Keano. He was destined for big things.

Unfortunately he had a bad spell there and rocked up at Sunderland and it just didn't work out for him. Still kept up with what he was at and was gutted to hear he was in very poor health. Lost a few people in the last few years this way and it's never easy knowing any sort of fight is negated by the pain and quick spread of it.

God Bless Liam Miller and my condolences to his family, friends and past colleagues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Jaysus scary ****. Same age as myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Terrible news. Watched him regularly during his time at Cork City and still had that touch of class. RIP.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,822 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Way too young, scarily so.

RIP Liam.
    A gifted footballer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

RIP Liam. My condolences to any friends or family of Liam reading this thread. He gave his all for every club he played for and put his heart into every one of the caps he earned for Ireland.

Far too young and such a shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ah God no. Jesus, I knew he was ill but this has really knocked me for six. :(

I remember Liam well as being a key part of that Championship winning Sunderland side under Roy Keane in 2006/2007.

Only 36 years of age and had 3 young kids. How ****ing cruel. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,535 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Very sad news. RIP Liam.

36 is no age at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

RIP Liam Miller a young man taken way to early by a horrible disease.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Terribly sad news. 36 is no age at all for this to happen. Condolences to his friends and family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Such a young man, RIP Liam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

How utterly, utterly sad.

Only diagnosed in November, sobering how quickly it can take someone.

My heart goes out to his family.

I remember when he signed for United, had high hopes he was going to be the "next big thing", all that bull fades into insignificance when you hear about something like this.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,760 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

It must be over 15 years ago, but I remember taking my son to an Ireland under 21 match while Miller was in the ascendancy. He was one of the few on the team that day that stayed in the tunnel and stayed there signing everything that was put in front of him for about 10 minutes. I remember at the time he was a little taken aback, that it was him who the kids wanted to sign things. Back in those days, a Celtic player playing for Ireland would have attracted the attention of local Celtic fans.

Crazy to think a player who I had seen as a kid is now dead. RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

RIP :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

RIP, always seemed to come across as a 'nice player' which probably reflected his personality off the pitch as well. People getting struck down like this is a depressing thing to read about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

He scored the third goal in Staunton's first game in charge, a 3-0 friendly win over Sweden. Was a super goal too. About 2:20 in:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Shocking news, R.I.P Liam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,760 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Robbie Keane, Damien Duff, Steven Reid, Shay Given - christ, we had some team back then.

Advertisement