Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Senetti - Overwintering

• 16-07-2019 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Cody OHare

I bought some Sinetti in April / May and put in containers. They have flowered well initially but faded after about 2 months of blooms. I cut them back hard (about 2/3rds) and they are coming again.

But my question is how do I treat them over winter? I do not have a method of Bringing them "indoors", ie no Greenhouse or room in my own house. My suburban garden is 1/2 mile from the coast and has relatively mild temps in the winter. I leave pelargoniums in the ground over winter (covered by fleece) and have more than an even chance of them surviving.

So do I leave them in pots? Put them in shaded areas to survive frost? plant in the ground? Cover them? Cut them back or leave the old vegetation as is to act as a protection?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Amora Sweet Congress

They really need to be brought indoors for winter, if they are to have any change of survival through winter.

Advertisement