Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jamie Carragher: Spitting and suspension from Sky

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

He's totally wrong. But the driver is as bad as him. Driving and recording on his phone at the same time

Bret Hart wrote: »
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jamie-carragher-spits-football-fan-12169442

Assaulting a 14 year old girl like that. What a vile,disgusting human being.

Assaulting haha

Scumbag behavior though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

One 14 year old girl. And her father.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,981 ✭✭✭Degag

digzy wrote: »
    He's totally wrong. But the driver is as bad as him. Driving and recording on his phone at the same time
    Yup, i can't load the video but a terrible thing to do. From what i heard the driver was being a total dick too though; not that it excuses it or anything but we're all human i guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Vile act.

The state of Liverpool fans trying to defend/deflect away from what he did.

"But that dad was recording and driving!!!111"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lads this from a person who admitted to this Carry on in his book after the Lucas Neill incident

"A few weeks later I received a phone call. 'You won't believe this, Jay. We're in [Manchester shopping mall] the Trafford Centre and Lucas Neill is walking straight towards us. What do you reckon?'

"Did I really want Neill to take a crack? 'There's only one problem,' added the voice. 'Little Davey Thommo is with him.'

"That was that. I could hardly let one of my best mates, David Thompson, now a Blackburn player, become a witness to an assault.

"Besides, he'd have recognised the attackers. The impromptu mission was aborted and I sent a text to Thommo telling him Neill should give him a hug of thanks."

Carragher added: "As word got back to Blackburn about the near miss, or should that be hit, their coach Terry Darracott, a Scouser, appealed to one of my friends to call the boys off. I agreed."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

digzy wrote: »

No seatbelts in Carragher's Range Rover either. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Degag wrote: »
    Yup, i can't load the video but a terrible thing to do. From what i heard the driver was being a total dick too though; not that it excuses it or anything but we're all human i guess.

I can’t think of a single thing that could possibly make me spit at anyone. Let alone a young girl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,552 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

This thread is going to end well :D

Horrible behaviour by Carra.. stupid by the driver!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

The faux out rage.
    Using the incident to take a shot.
    Well done lads. Great character ye have.

• Advertisement

Waterproof t shirts being printed on Merseyside as we speak.

The faux out rage.

Not as good as the shot Carragher took.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Assaulting haha

Scumbag behavior though

It's a criminal offence.

The faux out rage.

Better than Carragher’s anyway...
    What a strange way to look at this incident.

Not as good as the shot Carragher took.;)
    Both shots are disgusting. But hey.....the World.

The faux out rage.
    Bull****.

I don't support United or Liverpool or any other UK team for that matter, I don't give a toss about Carragher either way, if it was Gary Neville I'd say the exact same thing. I think most balanced people would.

That's a disgusting act, spitting at someone is the lowest of the low. What an embarrassing outlook to have on the incident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

You would think no ex untied players ever spat at anyone. Any one not called Johnny Evans lol and thread title tabloid stuff lol

Better than Carragher’s anyway...
    What a strange way to look at this incident.

He's a toffee now. They've disowned him. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Right let's make this real simple.

Random bloke takes piss out of ex footballer over a football match he had no part in but played for the team. Really its a bit of crack banter as they call it. I'm sure these type things happen every day.

What would most people/players do? Laugh it off? Respond with ah whatever mate or similar.

Jamie decides to spit back at them/car........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Vile act.

The state of Liverpool fans trying to defend/deflect away from what he did.

"But that dad was recording and driving!!!111"

IM not a pool fan. What he did was disgusting, but I’d Rather not be involved in a rta than getting spat at.

• Advertisement

Bull****.

I don't support United or Liverpool or any other UK team for that matter, I don't give a toss about Carragher either way, if it was Gary Neville I'd say the exact same thing. I think most balanced people would.

That's a disgusting act, spitting at someone is the lowest of the low. What an embarrassing outlook on the incident.

The lowest of the low? Driving and recording, winding up someone who is also driving; endangering people’s lives isn’t lower?
    The faux outrage.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

United fan here. No one came out of that video looking good.

The girl - Sounded utterly embarrassed by and for her father. I genuinely feel sorry for her.

The "father" - Scum. Completely disregards the safety of his child, as well as other road users, to throw some cheap comments at a footballer in the hope of getting a reaction to sell the video to a rag. Should be ashamed of himself. No doubt he goaded Carragher at the risk of causing an accident. Should be hit with a dangerous driving charge to try discourage any others trying to replicate this attempt at making a quick buck.

Carragher - Shocking behaviour and absolutely naive. Do anything, tell him to f**k off, stick up the finger, keep driving, call him a bellend, tell him you earned more in month than he'll earn in a lifetime, but just don't spit. Especially out the window of a moving car in the direction of a young girl. Very hard for him to come back from this.
    Shame, I liked him on MNF, but this was totally vulgar. Even though it's not as sinister or creepy as the Key & Gray behaviour, it looks worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,981 ✭✭✭Degag

I can’t think of a single thing that could possibly make me spit at anyone. Let alone a young girl.
    Hmm, if someone verbally attacked my wife/children/mother/father etc it may be a natural/spontanious reaction perhaps. Which is not what happened to him of course which is why i'm not defending him by any matter of means

Some Liverpool fans making a show of themselves here. Can’t say I’m surprised given what I’ve read on this forum over the years.

Degag wrote: »
    Hmm, if someone verbally attacked my wife/children/mother/father etc it may be a natural/spontanious reaction perhaps. Which is not what happened to him of course which is why i'm not defending him by any matter of means

Sorry but it’s not natural at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,372 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Driver apparently followed him down the road numerous times to give him "banter". More likely with some abuse thrown in as well.

Don't think either of them come out looking good from it to be honest but I don't see Carragher being sacked for it due to the provocation element. He was ridiculously stupid to do what he did though. Probably gave your man exactly the reaction he was hoping for. He even had the phone ready to record.

Carragher should have just told him to eff off and driven away. And maybe he did before that.

Pete Moss wrote: »
    United fan here. No one came out of that video looking good.

The girl - Sounded utterly embarrassed by and for her father. I genuinely feel sorry for her.

The "father" - Scum. Completely disregards the safety of his child, as well as other road users, to throw some cheap comments at a footballer in the hope of getting a reaction to sell the video to a rag. Should be ashamed of himself. No doubt he goaded Carragher at the risk of causing an accident. Should be hit with a dangerous driving charge to try discourage any others trying to replicate this attempt at making a quick buck.

Carragher - Shocking behaviour and absolutely naive. Do anything, tell him to f**k off, stick up the finger, keep driving, call him a bellend, tell him you earned more in month than he'll earn in a lifetime, but just don't spit. Especially out the window of a moving car in the direction of a young girl. Very hard for him to come back from this.
    Shame, I liked him on MNF, but this was totally vulgar. Even though it's not as sinister or creepy as the Key & Gray behaviour, it looks worse.

Agree with all of this. Wouldn’t care if he got fired for it. Unlikely he was aiming for the kid, but a brainless reaction that could have provoked a serious response and could have led to serious rage .... and something a lot worse.

Some Liverpool fans making a show of themselves here. Can’t say I’m surprised given what I’ve read on this forum over the years.
    Pathetic. Sad deflecting.

Imagine actually not condemning Carragher for what he did. Totally indefensible. But... but.... the dad was filming and driving you guys!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,480 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Disgusting.

But here come the social justice police that won't be happy until sky fire him, Liverpool disown him and his wife leaves him. Watch how this man gets destroyed over the next few days.

• Advertisement

Again, just using it to take a shot. Faux outrage, and a true show of your own character.

Advertisement