Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Cheap' Petrol/Diesel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Cheapest I know of at the moment is applegreen in arklow, tesco in arklow or tesco in dundrum

applegreen usually the best tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Cheapest I know of at the moment is applegreen in arklow, tesco in arklow or tesco in dundrum

applegreen usually the best tho

Also there's the one right down the end through Newtown before the N11 entrance heading in the Newcastle direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Tesco Dundrum 133c for unleaded, Apple Green Mt Merrion 132c last night

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

Pumps.ie also have an iPhone app which is pretty handy if you are out and about and looking for the best fuel prices. Apple garage in Ballinteer was 132 when I filled up last week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

There's a guy down in the industrial estate in Kilcoole selling biodiesel at €1.10 per litre.
    It works perfectly on my older Toyota and is WAY cheaper than standard diesel. Better for the environment too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

loobylou wrote: »
    There's a guy down in the industrial estate in Kilcoole selling biodiesel at €1.10 per litre.
    It works perfectly on my older Toyota and is WAY cheaper than standard diesel. Better for the environment too!

Is it legal?

Thats some serious savings!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

The petrol station in Kilpedder is selling unleaded at 1.26 - cheapest in the area by a mile!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

ciaran67 wrote: »
    Is it legal?

Thats some serious savings!

100% legal. It's normal diesel mixed with vegetable oil I think.
    Talk to your mechanic about it, I don't know if it's suitable for all diesel engines. But he is running a number of fleets with it.
    I was a little nervous the first time I used it but the car ran perfectly. I even got better MPG from it.:)
    BTW he's first (ie cheapest) on that website you posted, if you click on the diesel option.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,795 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

The petrol station in Kilpedder is selling unleaded at 1.26 - cheapest in the area by a mile!!!

is that the price today? Just half filled the tank at Esso in greystones and it was (i think) 134.9 - thats some difference... Pumps.ie has the Kilpedder guys charging 132.9

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

It must have changed... I have pumps.ie on my phone and that was the price last week!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

There's a place in Rathnew that I stop at sometimes if I'm passing through and it always seems to be really cheap. Always a queue too though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

best local price is Kilpedder Ultima Oil. Best within 10 mile has got to be Rathnew's Applegreen...not sure if they're fully branded yet.

Kilcoole Topaz is usually 1c dearer than Ultima Oil every time.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Advertisement