Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-11-2019, 09:49   #181
elizunia87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciarajl View Post
Interested to know how this went or if there has been movement? We are buying at the moment. FTBs. Offer accepted 15th Aug, before we had AIP. AIP delayed and finally issued on 24th Sept, so although Sale agreed on 15th Aug, I am counting the Sale Agreed date as 24th Sept (6 weeks ago). Our solicitor completed her review of contracts today and emailed saying seller might need Council's consent to sell but that the sellers solicitor will have to confirm this with the Council and if they do need the consent, we will have to submit an application. Have you had to do the same? Its about 2 weeks since your last message.. have you had any update?
As the seller bought the house from the Council he will need the consent to sell this property. Our lawyer said that there will no issues unless they house is selling for the investment. Unfortunately, it is been 2 weeks already and she said the Council takes around 10 days to issue the consent. I am hoping to get this next week, since there was a Bank Holiday maybe will be couple of days of delays.
These things are really taking ages.
Advertisement
09-11-2019, 21:01   #182
ChewBerecca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woshy View Post
Feel like this is the best thread to ask. As a house seller, rather than purchaser what should we leave in the house for the new buyer? I mean in the way of paperwork etc. I'm trying to remember what we were given when we moved in and I just remember it being a lot of Irish Water paperwork
Property number for property tax is another one along with the pin.

Our vendor only left the front door key with the EA, so we had a locksmith break 4 drill bits to open the back door, we've one key for all the windows in the house (we hope), all the bedrooms curtains were taken along with the white goods on the contracts, we had to source the serial numbers of the meters to get the MPRN and GPRN and now I have to register my PPS number to get the property ID to get the pin number to give the council the property tax.

It's two small things that would make a world of difference especially at this time of year when it's due soon.
Thanks from:
11-11-2019, 09:23   #183
Woshy

Great, thanks guys. The boiler and hot water tank have both been replaced in the last 2 years so I will leave the warranties for those, plus MPRN and GPRN numbers and the property pin number for revenue.

We had to pay the 2020 property tax and then our solicitor has said we will get that back, so that may be sorted for them but I will leave the details.

I was going to leave a little voucher for the local pizza place rather than a bottle of wine or chocolates just as a little welcome.

The property is currently vacant and the white goods, curtains etc are staying. We have cleaned out the attic and shed. The estate agent has one set of keys and we're going to leave the other set in the house.

So I think we're all set? Just have to do a final meter reading the night before the closing date.

Last edited by Woshy; 11-11-2019 at 09:28.
(2) thanks from:
11-11-2019, 09:42   #184
SozBbz

Quote:
Great, thanks guys. The boiler and hot water tank have both been replaced in the last 2 years so I will leave the warranties for those, plus MPRN and GPRN numbers and the property pin number for revenue.

We had to pay the 2020 property tax and then our solicitor has said we will get that back, so that may be sorted for them but I will leave the details.

I was going to leave a little voucher for the local pizza place rather than a bottle of wine or chocolates just as a little welcome.

The property is currently vacant and the white goods, curtains etc are staying. We have cleaned out the attic and shed. The estate agent has one set of keys and we're going to leave the other set in the house.

So I think we're all set? Just have to do a final meter reading the night before the closing date.
You sound like the dream seller!

AFAIK its more convention than law, but typically vendors get a prorata amount of their LPT refunded depending on the closing date. This should come to you via your solicitor with the rest of the funds I believe. I've never sold but I know as a buyer I twice paid this sum when transferring all the money owed into my solicitors client account.
11-11-2019, 19:52   #185
VonLuck

Does anyone know how long it should take for a Letter of Indemnity (LOI) for apartment insurance to be issued by the block's insurers?

It's the last piece of paperwork I need before getting the keys, but it's been nearly 3 weeks since all documentation has been signed by both parties and still no sign of it!

The wait is tough, especially when there's no definitive date.
Advertisement
11-11-2019, 21:52   #186
Wildly Boaring

Snag complete
Our solicitor happy
Money on way to our solicitors account.

Looks like green light for go. Close this week or very early next.

Have the flooring guys lined up for first monday in December. Want to get alarm fitted before we move in too.

Looking good for move in straight after floors.
Thanks from:
13-11-2019, 09:10   #187
Ciarajl

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizunia87 View Post
As the seller bought the house from the Council he will need the consent to sell this property. Our lawyer said that there will no issues unless they house is selling for the investment. Unfortunately, it is been 2 weeks already and she said the Council takes around 10 days to issue the consent. I am hoping to get this next week, since there was a Bank Holiday maybe will be couple of days of delays.
These things are really taking ages.

Thanks for the update Would you let me know when you finally get a response from the council so I have an idea of timelines?
13-11-2019, 15:27   #188
elizunia87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciarajl View Post
Thanks for the update Would you let me know when you finally get a response from the council so I have an idea of timelines?
Yes of course. I was chasing our Solicitor a bit so on Monday finnaly got email saying that the consent was issued and the closing date will be somewhere next week. Can't wait for the keys

Best of luck
13-11-2019, 15:27   #189
oleard1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildly Boaring View Post
Snag complete
Our solicitor happy
Money on way to our solicitors account.

Looks like green light for go. Close this week or very early next.

Have the flooring guys lined up for first monday in December. Want to get alarm fitted before we move in too.

Looking good for move in straight after floors.
Snagging tomorrow ,Foreman has promised 5 day turnaround
Money transferred to solicitor today including her fee and stamp
Hopefully we can be closed in the next two weeks
This is worst than waiting for xmas as a child
Thanks from:
Advertisement
13-11-2019, 16:04   #190
Amirani

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonLuck View Post
Does anyone know how long it should take for a Letter of Indemnity (LOI) for apartment insurance to be issued by the block's insurers?

It's the last piece of paperwork I need before getting the keys, but it's been nearly 3 weeks since all documentation has been signed by both parties and still no sign of it!

The wait is tough, especially when there's no definitive date.
Mine took ages too, but I think it may have been management agent inertia. Our solicitors ended up going straight to the insurance company and got it through the broker eventually.
Thanks from:
13-11-2019, 16:39   #191
Compak

Quote:
Originally Posted by oleard1987 View Post
Snagging tomorrow ,Foreman has promised 5 day turnaround
Money transferred to solicitor today including her fee and stamp
Hopefully we can be closed in the next two weeks
This is worst than waiting for xmas as a child
Why would it be two weeks to close if snagging and turnaround is a week?

Just wondering, as we are about to be in a similar position and turnaround, if we have missed something?

Also, no issues getting solicitor drawdown from bank before snagging?
13-11-2019, 22:49   #192
Wildly Boaring

Our snag was supposed to be a week.
Was 3 in the end and we made them work for it.

We had a builder do a very thorough snag. And he went back twice to see the closed items.

Do not rush this or you'll end up sorting it all yourself after.

We're closing tomorrow!!
Thanks from:
14-11-2019, 10:58   #193
nak

Did snag #1 last week, re-inspection scheduled for next Monday but no completion cert or closing date from the builder. Very frustrating as we are running out of time on our rental accommodation.
15-11-2019, 00:20   #194
oleard1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compak View Post
Why would it be two weeks to close if snagging and turnaround is a week?

Just wondering, as we are about to be in a similar position and turnaround, if we have missed something?

Also, no issues getting solicitor drawdown from bank before snagging?
I'm hoping that 2 weeks is worst case scenario
Got the snagging back today and very small list
Hopefully this can be completed in the next 7 days and then the solicitor and banks can push everything through fairly quickly
15-11-2019, 10:09   #195
Fia11

Quote:

You sound delightful. Lucky buyers.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion