Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

13 year-old girl critical after Lisnaskea machete attack

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

pgj2015 wrote: »
    You.;)
    I didn't really though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Curiosity got the better of me and I looked it up and related videos on youtube

These guys sure like to upload alot of videos..must be great to have so much free time to video yourself talking ****e.

Sadly as shocking to most as this incident is I tend to believe this is just normal to those involved and all the hysterics and shouting is just for show.

Our political leaders really need to sit down with those in Justice and An Garda Siochana and get a grip on what seems lately to be an air of lawlessness gripping the country.

The revoking of ethnic status should be considered also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Those tit for tat videos are laughable. Grown men and women acting like schoolchildren. They go back months, why are social services not involved and removing these vulnerable children from the home?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

I was gonna post an article from 2018 about a traveller feud in Fermanagh that may or may not have anything to do with this, but Boards doesn't like speculation.

Can you pm it to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Can you pm it to me?

I'll take a PM too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

And me..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Any statement from Martin Collins of pavee point yet ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,320 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Can you pm it to me?
    c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    I'll take a PM too
    And me..

its been posted in the thread already...

You won't hear a f*cking peep out of Pavee Point for the next week. They'll pop up next time a gang of them get thrown out of a pub.

They're too busy at the minute , some councillor used the word pikey in a tweet in 2011 and they'll busy trying to get a bit of sympathy/publicity with that .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I guessed it straight away who was involved the minute i heard the word machete on the news. these people are barbarians, what kind of animal attacks another human with a machete? especially a child.

Rte really play it down.

Awful situation. Thirteen year old hacked with machete while holding/protecting an eleven month old baby.

Seen the video of the attackers running in and the child sitting on the seat with the baby :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

If someone broke into my house or tried to steal something from me I would destroy them with no mercy. I wouldn't go into the details or what I would do to them as they are not suitable to write. They really would pick the wrong house if I caught them.

I'd look them straight in the eyes as I continued to pleasure myself. It's their own fault for not knocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,416 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A lifestyle of peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

eviltwin wrote: »
    Those tit for tat videos are laughable. Grown men and women acting like schoolchildren. They go back months, why are social services not involved and removing these vulnerable children from the home?

because the parents would successfully sue the state for large sums of cash

FG's ethnic status move has done nothing but locked further generations into the cycle of violence and criminality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

eviltwin wrote: »

Last year I contacted Tusla in Mullingar about a 2 year old downing a pint on video. Found all evidence I could about the family involved (substantial amount online because they put it all out there) and sent it off to them. No response whatsoever, and as far as I know nothing done.

I just don't get how it's Taboo to say "Traveller" on RTE. Everybody knows what they are, the word isn't racist, isn't it more racist not to say it? They will say "non national" so why not "Traveller"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Seen the video. Made me sick. Poor child and family. Hope the scumbags are caught and burned alive.
    How anyone could do that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Lillyfae wrote: »
    I just don't get how it's Taboo to say "Traveller" on RTE. Everybody knows what they are, the word isn't racist, isn't it more racist not to say it? They will say "non national" so why not "Traveller"?

the best part is, by campaigning for and getting a special ethnic status designation, they have successfully cemented their "otherness" and yet this otherness is unmentionable on the national broadcaster

I remember, Lily. I contacted social services in Fermanagh. They did respond to me asking for as much details as possible.

Not surprising but Joe Joyce who you are talking about lives (or lived) in Trasna Way, Lisnaskea. Same road this assault happened on. Maybe social services were in contact as I can’t see a social media account for him anymore.

• Advertisement

A lifestyle of peace.

It's racism from the settled community that makes them act like that ...lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

If the government wasn't so racist, they could've provided stab vests and various other items of protection for our cultured friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

source.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Not one mention of them being more concerned about making a call out video than the poor child welfare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,987 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I just went to the rte site and the story isn't on their mobile site.

Anyway, I read it in the indo site. It says this girl of 13 saved her nephew, a baby, by shielding him.

So were these grown men in to kill a toddler?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Ah now, give them time to get out of the bed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Not one mention of them being more concerned about making a call out video than the poor child welfare

Not defending anyone in this story but the paramedics arrive at the end of the video so they must have called them before making the video.

Unless I missed an earlier video?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

NIMAN wrote: »

Anyway, I read it in the indo site. It says this girl of 13 saved her nephew, a baby, by shielding him.

According to the kids granny, yes.
    Speaking to ITV News, the baby's grandmother, Elizabeth Joyce, said the young girl tried to save his life.
    She said: "They burst through the house, one attacker came to me attacking. I was screaming and kicking and fighting back. The other attacker went for the wee fella, but his auntie, who is in hospital in a very critical condition, she threw herself on top of the baby to save the baby's life."

NIMAN wrote: »

I was following the back n forth call out videos last night and Bernie Joyce (girls fathers uncle) denied anything to do with it but said they probably thought it was the girls brothers wife (mother of the baby) and that she would have deserved it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Not as much coverage of this incident in the news or any of the breakfast programmes. Newstalk haven't even mentioned. Compare that to the uproar there was over some comments that a FF by election candidate in tweets made in 2011. Why are the media so afraid of covering this ethnic minority community?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,987 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It's the fear of being branded as racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

Wheety wrote: »
    Not defending anyone in this story but the paramedics arrive at the end of the video so they must have called them before making the video.

Unless I missed an earlier video?

They deserve a medal :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Floppybits wrote: »
    Not as much coverage of this incident in the news or any of the breakfast programmes. Newstalk haven't even mentioned. Compare that to the uproar there was over some comments that a FF by election candidate in tweets made in 2011. Why are the media so afraid of covering this ethnic minority community?

Newstalk are too busy doing bizarre fluff pieces, on how Balbriggan definitely doesn't have a gang problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Lillyfae wrote: »
    They deserve a medal :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's what I'm saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭canonball5

Us settled, law abiding, tax paying folk ought to be ashamed of ourselves. This poor disadvantaged minority are merely practicing their cultural norms.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Culture.

Move along now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,824 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

We put dogs who bite down.
    Perhaps we could have that extended to mongrel humans.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

All the videos are doing the rounds on WhatsApp. They cannot be un-seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭ampleforth

Dubrangan wrote: »
    A 13 year-old girl I in a critical condition and a 41 year-old woman is also injured after a gang of men forced their way into a house in Lisnaskea in Co. Fermanagh last night and stabbed them with machetes.

This is a horrific crime. Someone who can do that to a child needs to be put away for life.

I know I will regret that I have asked. But, do we know what their motivation was? Or where they just stoned out of their mind? It appears like there was a strong motivator...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,125 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

ampleforth wrote: »
    I know I will regret that I have asked. But, do we know what their motivation was? Or where they just stoned out of their mind?

Family feud, possibly to do with young girls beating a retarded woman, believed to be their aunt, in the house.

Saw some of the videos they put out last night.

Hyper dysfunctional so who knows exactly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭ampleforth

Danzy wrote: »
    Family feud, possibly to do with young girls beating a retarded woman, believed to be their aunt, in the house.

Saw some of the videos they put out last night.

Hyper dysfunctional so who knows exactly.

So its personal. What we do not want anywhere is that kind of stuff happens without any actual reason... the worst kind of crime, IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭spodoinkle

Thelonious wrote: »
    Wannabe rapper in court for ramming a dildo up a young lads arse. !

Wut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,131 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Hopefully a good old fashioned bare knuckle fight can sort this all out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I wonder if Matt Cooper will have the traveller comedian fella back on this evening to talk about this after he was on discussing those tweets the other day?
    How come when one of the traveller representatives goes on TV or radio it's always the same line of "sure it's only a minority" yet one look on YouTube gives you reams of videos of threats and violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

I wonder if Matt Cooper will have the traveller comedian fella back on this evening to talk about this after he was on discussing those tweets the other day?
    How come when one of the traveller representatives goes on TV or radio it's always the same line of "sure it's only a minority" yet one look on YouTube gives you reams of videos of threats and violence.

It's a minority of the whole population, and a majority of the traveller population...if they only paid attention in school they'd know the difference

Fella that was uploading videos on YouTube - Jim Nevin New has a post on his channel naming 3 guys stating “ Wanted for attempted murder”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Beating for John connors to pop out and say they’re not what travellers are about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,131 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Bernard Sweeney is just banging on about Traveller Homelessness this morning.
    This happened just up the road from him,I thought he might have an opinion...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

RTE Radio 1 discussing it now. Awaiting the T word.

• Advertisement

What's worse is I can guarantee that poor young girl will be left in their care.

Absolutely messed up. No authorities mess with the travellers out of fear. They can let things happen to their kids like this, and it's overlooked.

Advertisement