Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry 2 year fixed price 31.9cpl

Options
  • 20-11-2019 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭

Are dairy markets going to climb so much because this looks very attractive .31.9 cent fixed (march-october 2020 &2021)
    Other fixed price offered this year by Kerry were considerably lower ,I have never yet fixed milk price but this looks too good to turn down but i have only 50 cows anyway so wont make me either way as probably only small % of my milk would receive this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

cute geoge wrote: »
    Are dairy markets going to climb so much because this looks very attractive .31.9 cent fixed (march-october 2020 &2021)
    Other fixed price offered this year by Kerry were considerably lower ,I have never yet fixed milk price but this looks too good to turn down but i have only 50 cows anyway so wont make me either way as probably only small % of my milk would receive this

It's a two year fix, iirc, and markets are rising. Just remember that fixed milk doesn't seem to qualify for a top up to match the leading milk price and West Cork paying 31.4c/l for last months milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,204 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

It always better to ride the rhino. Fixed price schemes in general pay less wier there lifetime than going with spot pricing. It much the same with the mortgage market. Even though at present there are some very attractive fixed interest mortage rates compared to variable rates.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭jaymla627

It always better to ride the rhino. Fixed price schemes in general pay less wier there lifetime than going with spot pricing. It much the same with the mortgage market. Even though at present there are some very attractive fixed interest mortage rates compared to variable rates.

Not when your a glanbia supplier, will be up 20k this year then if I was taking their base price, the co-op top ups on fixed milk are thy icing on the cake

Advertisement