Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Judge Judy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

everlast75 wrote: »
    He'd get a gavel in the b0llix if he tried grabbing her by the pu$$y....

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Vlthap

She's actually registered as an independent.

You have to register your political leanings in America??? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭pgj2015

she would be great as the presenter of an irish jeremy kyle show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

She is honestly what America needs right now a Jewish mother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Byrd deserves a mention as well

Poor guy look tired as hell carrying those pieces of paper up to her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Did Byrd ever have to draw his weapon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Autecher wrote: »
    I would fork over some of my hard earned money to see Judge Judy preside over a case with that Irish woman with the 650 convictions.
    Ma'am... Ma'am... look at me when I am speaking to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,192 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Vlthap wrote: »
    You have to register your political leanings in America??? :confused:

If you want to vote in their primaries yes.

In Ireland you have to be a FG member to get a say when they change their leader, selection votes for who gets to stand in constituencies.

In the States they take it a lot further and have primary elections for a whole host of positions.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭bobbyss

It's a bit embarrassing when occasionally she turns to him in the middle of a case and asks him something like: 'what ya think of that'? when it's clear he doesn't know what to say or hasn't been listening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Vlthap

odyssey06 wrote: »
    If you want to vote in their primaries yes.

In Ireland you have to be a FG member to get a say when they change their leader, selection votes for who gets to stand in constituencies.

In the States they take it a lot further and have primary elections for a whole host of positions.

Wow! Talk about time-consuming! And it still doesn't produce more honest, community-oriented representatives!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

you're RIDICULOUS
    is there something wrawng with you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,791 ✭✭✭✭looksee

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Byrd deserves a mention as well

I thought his name was Burt :D. Not paying attention!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

q1irso5473y01.jpg

She dummy thicc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Plus she is a Yekke. She will make things not only on time but early and more conscientious!

She's a what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

sabat wrote: »
      Is that her pubes or liver spots peeking out the top of her panties? Either way it's fapworthy.

more of a bikini bottom than panties

1. Advertisement
    2. Site Banned Posts: 60 ✭✭Karma King

Umm is not an answer!

3. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

You ate the sandwich!

4. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

She has a great glare that would shut anyone up.

5. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Is the show still running?

6. Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

If like ten million people to know how stupid you are, that’s my joy in life

7. Advertisement
    8. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

She's a what?

German Jew. Its yiddish.

It comes from Jacke meaning the type of jackets they would wear. It became yekke.

Both her parents were German jews. They have their own minhagim (traditions).

In New York they still have one synagogue that does the Yekkish liturgical text, rituals music etc.

She is very yekke ish

Some people don't like the name/term.

But they have their own traditions food etc. They really known for doing things the german way being punctual etc very very honest attention to detail and being very blunt.

Most Irish jews are litvaks very different. Or well they used to be. Not all obv specially now.

9. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Nice bit of info there

10. Posts: 13,712 ✭✭✭✭ [Deleted User]

German Jew. Its yiddish.

It comes from Jacke meaning the type of jackets they would wear. It became yekke.

Both her parents were German jews. They have their own minhagim (traditions).

In New York they still have one synagogue that does the Yekkish liturgical text, rituals music etc.

She is very yekke ish

Some people don't like the name/term.

But they have their own traditions food etc. They really known for doing things the german way being punctual etc very very honest attention to detail and being very blunt.

Most Irish jews are litvaks very different. Or well they used to be. Not all obv specially now.
      Where do litvaks come from? Are there any stereotypes that are associated with them, like the yekke?

Just curious because I once dated a French Askenazi Jewish girl with a background from Slovenia / Northern Italy, and she used to completely distinguish herself from Jews from, say, Lithuania or Poland. I have no idea why or what the sub-groups are.

11. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

branie2 wrote: »
      Nice bit of info there
      Jonathon Sugarman is a yekke. I mean he is Israeli but I can tell from his accent and name etc.

12. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Wiki says she earns $147m a year. Nice going for her.

giphy.gif

13. Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Where do litvaks come from? Are there any stereotypes that are associated with them, like the yekke?

Just curious because I once dated a French Askenazi Jewish girl with a background from Slovenia / Northern Italy, and she used to completely distinguish herself from Jews from, say, Lithuania or Poland. I have no idea why or what the sub-groups are.

Lithuania, as you may suspect. I’ve also googled it.

14. Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Interesting fact about judge Judy and the show. It’s a genuine arbitration court and the decision is binding unless illegal or over stepping the arbitration courts remit.

She once decided to give custody of a child to one parent so appalled was she by the actions of the other, in what wasn’t a child custody case. It was thrown out by a different court.

http://www.fact.on.ca/news/news0003/lw000317.htm

15. Posts: 13,712 ✭✭✭✭ [Deleted User]

I did suspect that. I think that's where Alan Shatter's family are from.

I don't know why I find Jewish history so fascinating, but it is. Perhaps it's because most of us originated from Ireland, GB or Northern France, and we're all basically the same. But no, it's more than that, Jewish people are far more interesting than most ethnicities. I don't want to be accused of positive racism, but there's something really alluring about them. I can't put my finger on it.

When my ex told me she was Jewish had they'd fled to France, but were from Slovenia and before that God Knows Where, I was like a moth to a flame. I suppose it's the extraordinary history of ordinary people that makes it all so interesting.

16. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Well you have to understand europe geographically has shifted.

Lithuania mostly but also ukraine lativa poland belarus and Russia too. Borders kind of kept moving. The Polish - Lithuanian common wealth was huge at one point. And poland and lithuania were one. Plus Jews emigrated a lot.

There are lots of sub groups. The big ones are between ashkenazim and sephardim mizrahim and African sub Saharan Jews.

It would be like saying a German and a Spaniard are both European. Its true but its not very descriptive. That's ashkenazi basically.

Italkim are Italian jews. oberlander are slovenian jews. But there was a community of Italian Jews who went to what is slovenia now at one point in History. They have also some sephardim influence.

The traditions etc minhag and liturgy can be different.

I think the saying is 'Jews talk about unity but they mean different things by it'.

Litvaks are seen as crazy , a bit stubborn and full of energy or new ideas and very stoic prone to being heretics and challenging authority.

17. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

:) His family were British Jews who decided to move here after meeting each other on a holiday in Ireland by chance :)
      I don't know why I find Jewish history so fascinating, but it is. Perhaps it's because most of us originated from Ireland, GB or Northern France, and we're all basically the same. But no, it's more than that, Jewish people are far more interesting than most ethnicities. I don't want to be accused of positive racism, but there's something really alluring about them. I can't put my finger on it.

When my ex told me she was Jewish had they'd fled to France, but were from Slovenia and before that God Knows Where, I was like a moth to a flame. I suppose it's the extraordinary history of ordinary people that makes it all so interesting.

OOh she got you bad boi ;) maybe it was the French accent ;)

18. Advertisement
    19. Posts: 13,712 ✭✭✭✭ [Deleted User]

Well you have to understand europe geographically has shifted.

Lithuania mostly but also ukraine lativa poland belarus and Russia too. Borders kind of kept moving. The Polish - Lithuanian common wealth was huge at one point. And poland and lithuania were one. Plus Jews emigrated a lot.

There are lots of sub groups. The big ones are between ashkenazim and sephardim mizrahim and African sub Saharan Jews.

It would be like saying a German and a Spaniard are both European. Its true but its not very descriptive. That's ashkenazi basically.

Italkim are Italian jews. oberlander are slovenian jews. But there was a community of Italian Jews who went to what is slovenia now at one point in History. They have also some sephardim influence.

The traditions etc minhag and liturgy can be different.

I think the saying is 'Jews talk about unity but they mean different things by it'.

Litvaks are seen as crazy , a bit stubborn and full of energy or new ideas and very stoic prone to being heretics and challenging authority.

Thanks for that, this is genuinely interesting stuff. I'm assuming you're basing a lot of this on personal experience but if you know of a worthwhile book on this topic I'd be grateful

20. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,153 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I like the times she says a recording of the show and info will be to inland revenue or other people.

Ebay scammer was the best.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f09_1316886868

21. Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

^

Does nae work.

22. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

No way way beyond Lithuania or what is present day lithuania. Russia Belarus Ukraine Poland etc.

By litvak its important to understand i don't mean just lithuanian jews and lithuanian jews might not always be litvaks they could follow different minhag or liturgy.

Also in Israel some people call all haredi jews (very religious) lithuanian jews because they are not hassidic.

And in lithuania you also have /had galician jews. Galitzianers are thought of as super passionate and emotional and deeply spiritual. They are also from Lithuania and beyond.

Today there is not so much distinction because galicians and litvaks intermarried a lot. You actually don't even hear about galicians because of it really.

The combo gave you the Jewish stereotype probably.
      Galitzianers are thought of as super passionate and emotional and deeply spiritual.

23. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Thanks for that, this is genuinely interesting stuff. I'm assuming you're basing a lot of this on personal experience but if you know of a worthwhile book on this topic I'd be grateful

I don't know any books sorry. Im jewish :)

I just know from diff people families and religious groups i have met also my own family.

Eastern European Jews do actually have a lot in common with the culture sense of humor in particular.
      Hershel of Orstropol was basically the borat/Sacha Baron Cohen of 18th century crown poland (now ukraine). He just went round playing pranks on rich polish people. They could be both Jewish and gentile but they had to be rich.:D

24. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,153 ✭✭✭Jeff2

25. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

26. Registered Users Posts: 4,795 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Was she on the late late once or did I dream it??

27. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Not the Irish one don't think. She has been on all the American ones.

She went to UCD though.

She would have been fascinating to have on the Late Late though.

28. Advertisement
    29. Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

I am a fan of Judge Judy, and I would agree with 90% of her rulings, but I've also on occasion heartily disagreed with her.

She can be biased, and sometimes that bias comes through strongly. I think she is out of touch in a lot of ways - she grew up in a comfortable background, went to college (which many girls of her generation didn't) and I think she doesn't always realise that not everyone grew up as privileged as she did.

I saw her do a horrible thing on a case just yesterday. A young hispanic boy was in front of her for some reason, (I don't exactly recall why) and she asked his father was he proud of him. His father answered yes he was, especially as his son had graduated High School.

She laughed and sneered at that, openly mocking him that it wasn't a big deal, and the young man, obviously upset, said to her "it is a big deal in my family" - turned out he was the first generation of his family to ever graduate High School. She continued to sneer, and then remarkedout of the side of her mouth about having to "deal with this standard of people".

It was horrible. She made the young man feel so small and belittled him. It was totally unnecessary. I can't actually remember the judgement after that, I was so disgusted by her treatment of him.

And also, if you own a pitbull, you're fcuked, even if it wasn't your fault. She hates pitbulls.

30. Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

She was on Midweek with Nora Owen (former Minister for Justice). I remember seeing it at the time, but I don't know if there is video anywhere.

Link to article

Edit: found the VIDEO.

31. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Judy is also great with kids

32. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

the irish version would just be some Jesuit educated D4 resident handing out suspended sentences and 6 figure payouts

33. Posts: 25,611 ✭✭✭✭ [Deleted User]

Yeah I love finding out about Jewish history (and a lot of others) but it can be easy to trip up when asking particular question. :pac:

34. Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

AulWan wrote: »
      I am a fan of Judge Judy, and I would agree with 90% of her rulings, but I've also on occasion heartily disagreed with her.

She can be biased, and sometimes that bias comes through strongly. I think she is out of touch in a lot of ways - she grew up in a comfortable background, went to college (which many girls of her generation didn't) and I think she doesn't always realise that not everyone grew up as privileged as she did.

I saw her do a horrible thing on a case just yesterday. A young hispanic boy was in front of her for some reason, (I don't exactly recall why) and she asked his father was he proud of him. His father answered yes he was, especially as his son had graduated High School.

She laughed and sneered at that, openly mocking him that it wasn't a big deal, and the young man, obviously upset, said to her "it is a big deal in my family" - turned out he was the first generation of his family to ever graduate High School. She continued to sneer, and then remarkedout of the side of her mouth about having to "deal with this standard of people".

It was horrible. She made the young man feel so small and belittled him. It was totally unnecessary. I can't actually remember the judgement after that, I was so disgusted by her treatment of him.

And also, if you own a pitbull, you're fcuked, even if it wasn't your fault. She hates pitbulls.

The only thing I don't like about her is how mean she is about people working - this constant accusatory-sounding "how do you support yourself?" and asking what they do for a living and how much they make the whole time. She has so little regard for people who work hard and is so cross at people she believes slacked off.

Meanwhile she's sitting there making $45 million a year for "working" three days a week doing something that looks really enjoyable. I think it's incredibly mean, especially since a lot of the people that go on there aren't the sharpest tools with poor job prospects.

Thing is, you'll never find anyone who you agree with 100% on and who doesn't have any flaws. In many other ways Judge Judy is really great, just her entitlement and attitude over people working.

I've been watching Judge Judy for decades, I love it.

35. Advertisement
    36. Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

One of her mansions

8e9d1-jsheindlin_bh_pics1.jpg

Her yacht

16-16-lionheart.jpg

And her jet

Falcon-8X-PrivateFly-AB8779.jpg

Net worth in excess of $350million.

...and fair play to her.

37. Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

...and fair play to her.

No that's disgusting.

Nobody should have that amount of wealth, it's sick and an abuse of the capitalist system that was enacted to help people and not damage them by unfair and injust distribution of resources. :confused:

38. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,434 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I think Judgemental Judy is there for the ratings only. It's all a bit of a farce that show.

39. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I do like her tough talking and attitude towards spongers and people who have kids just for the social welfare benefits or dads who don't pay child support etc. But she has a definite and obvious bias towards ANYONE in the law enforcement agencies, so cops, judges, detectives, traffic wardens etc. Now I have not watched every single episode of JJ so I can only go by my own experience but I have never once seen her take the side of the public citizen whenever they have sued a cop, a traffic warden for being very rude to them, throwing their weight around or being a pr!ck.

She always robustly and theatrically defends the cop and even throws extra shade on the defendants for having the gall to question a sworn member of the law, with stuff like "how DARE you waste this mans time, you are a hustler, I would jail you if I could" and other such one-liners. From the moment she sees a case like this she is 100% in favour of the cop. I wonder what she makes of the recent spate of killings of unarmed black men by cops, no doubt she is silent on the issue...

40. Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

No that's disgusting.

Nobody should have that amount of wealth, it's sick and an abuse of the capitalist system that was enacted to help people and not damage them by unfair and injust distribution of resources. :confused:

Are you being serious?

It's her money, she and others who are successful can do with it as she pleases.

41. Advertisement
    Advertisement