Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mw3 - Tips and tricks thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

AdamD wrote: »
    I wouldn't be putting T95 and the FMGs on the same level. The FMGs beat everything up close without the need to aim. If you miss your first burst with the T95 a decent player will kill you, and you can't spray with it. ACR is only marginally worse anyways.

rubbish. I run sub machine guns 90% of the time. Sub machine guns with rapid fire and time and time again I get my ass handed to me by an assault rifle with rapid fire :eek:. A 3 birst fire weapon that each bullet does 50 points of damage :confused: 50 fcuking points of damage .

In my honest opinion it is possible the most over-powered gun in any cod. It's like a sniper rifle/assault rifle/sub machine all wrapped into one gun.

As for the fmg's.......even after the patch they are laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

At short range if T95 misses 1st burst smg wins every time.

At long range if T95 misses 1st burst ACR beats it.

Not saying its not OP, but its certainly beatable and certainly depends on the aim of the user, unlike akimbos which require no aim.

At short range if T95 misses 1st burst smg wins every time.

At long range if T95 misses 1st burst ACR beats it.

Not saying its not OP, but its certainly beatable and certainly depends on the aim of the user, unlike akimbos which require no aim.

my accuracy is over 20%

every gun is beatable when you take connection into account.

the type95 is the most over-powered gun in the game.

fact.

my accuracy is over 20%

every gun is beatable when you take connection into account.

the type95 is the most over-powered gun in the game.

fact.

Yeah, somebody with good aim will dominate with it, somebody with bad aim would be better off with the ACR. IMO, akimbos are more overpowered.

Also: Aim =/ accuracy

Yeah, somebody with good aim will dominate with it, somebody with bad aim would be better off with the ACR. IMO, akimbos are more overpowered.

I don't give a fcuk about who is aiming it....it could be stainville, it could be my 2 and a half yr old niece. If they hit me with one burst at any range, they can kill me. At close range a rapid fire sub machine gun should win every single gun fight with an assault rifle.

a rapid fire assault rifle lol.....what will they come up with next?

Maybe it's because I use the rapid fire smg's all the time I notice how much of a joke it is??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

See, even arguing that good first shot aim is needed to win with it is flawed, ANY gun in game demands good first shot aim in order to come out victorious yet most other guns in game dont have such huge damage stats and certainly no other gun has the same burst damage stats. I have rarely been hit first yet managed to kill the other player so the same can be said for any gun, this is cod after all, the first shot off on target is usually the person who wins....unless the enemy is using type 95s of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Ballymun Bohs

I notice on intel down the bottom it says once you hear the IMS go off it's too late. This certainly isn't the case. Theres been lots of times where I've heard it go off and if you're quick enough you can shoot it and destroy it before it kills you.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Jack Bracken

Good old Stalker Pro, eh BB?

Good old Stalker Pro, eh BB?

Haha yeah thats what it must be actually! I never thought about that but I'd say thats exactly what it is! Well there you go if you have stalker pro you can get away with it before it kills you! If you don't have Stalker pro ignore it! :p

My favourite perk, really. Going into the game I expected to use sitrep and dead silence a lot more, but soundwhoring doesn't seem as powerful so that's shot both out the window for me. Stalker pro, though. <3

• Advertisement

My favourite perk, really. Going into the game I expected to use sitrep and dead silence a lot more, but soundwhoring doesn't seem as powerful so that's shot both out the window for me. Stalker pro, though. <3

I totally agree with you. Before the game I expected the perk that I felt I probably wouldn't want to be without would be quickdraw but actually stalker is probably more my necessity than anything else. That ability to strafe quickly and ADS is a mega bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

tips an tricks thread..

If ya like rushing, get the MP7 with ext mags, range, extreme cond pro, second perk I personally use hardline, and steady aim pro..

Absolutely been raping with that the past few days.. Its a great combo..

Mp9 secondary, extended mags on that too.. Great fun so it is..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Here's a tip I just figured out, don't report people who are inviting you to "infected" lobbies, they actually mean infection the game type. Which I didn't realise til recently after reporting around 20 people for tampering.

Here's a tip I just figured out, don't report people who are inviting you to "infected" lobbies, they actually mean infection the game type. Which I didn't realise til recently after reporting around 20 people for tampering.

I am far too amused by this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

I ment to put this here ages ago, forgot all about it till now,

In the settings if ya change the settings to colour blind assist on, then ya see the location on the map of enemy stealth bombers..

I hardly ever die by them things.. Mostly cause I try to stick to the outside of maps, an when them things get called in, I press start, have a look at the direction an try an move as fast as I can..

Swear you can hear them like 10 seconds beforehand anyway?

Yeah. but knowing their exact path is handy. I generally don't do it because then I find it hard to see allies on the radar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭TheLynx

You will need the following

Shotgun with heartbeat sensor
    Claymore
    Portable Radar

Perks
    Assassin Pro
    Blind Eye Pro
    Dead Silence Pro

1 Locate area of map that is close quarter and will have a high rate of players passing through

2 Set up claymore at entrance/exit

3 Place portable radar

4 hide in corner of room

5 observe heartbeat sensor and radar

6 you are now tactically holding now an area and your k/d will improve greatly as you are not running and gunning, the prey will come to you and you will rack up the kills for the moab as you will have the advantage on any player that enters the room by seeing him first

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

TheLynx wrote: »

Claymore
    Portable Radar

Perks
    Assassin Pro
    Blind Eye Pro
    Dead Silence Pro

1 Locate area of map that is close quarter and will have a high rate of players passing through

3 Place portable radar

4 hide in corner of room

6 you are now tactically holding now an area and your k/d will improve greatly as you are not running and gunning, the prey will come to you and you will rack up the kills for the moab as you will have the advantage on any player that enters the room by seeing him first

I hope your console breaks. For good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

If you're looking for a bit of fun in the game you should use the striker shotgun and level that bad boy up. Stick with it until you get the range/damage proficiency and extended mags and then go run and gun and rape some face.

I use range+extended mags
    perk 1: slight of hand pro
    perk 2: hardline pro
    perk 3: steady aim pro

Killstreaks

UAV
    Pred Missile
    helicopter

Can get 50 kill games with this set up no problem and its a lot more fun hearing the kids rage when they get blasted in the face with a shotgun.

Got my gold camo on it yesterday and I think it looks the best out of all the gold guns. Gonna try and level up the spas now but that'll be more of a chore I'd say. I just got to prestige 4 level 80 but I don't think I'm gonna prestige any more because I don't see the point of it, having a lot of fun atm though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Claymore
    Portable Radar

Perks
    Assassin Pro
    Blind Eye Pro
    Dead Silence Pro

3 Place portable radar

4 hide in corner of room

so....be a camping bastard then.

what is camping?

What is trolling?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Claymore
    Portable Radar

Perks
    Assassin Pro
    Blind Eye Pro
    Dead Silence Pro

3 Place portable radar

4 hide in corner of room

not-sure-if-serious-or-just-trolling.jpg

what is camping?

Judging by your previous posts, you know well what camping is:
    I like to tactically camp in houses with my acr and heartbeat sensor, motion sensor and bouncing betty, I go positive all games and get MOABS ocassionally

And what about this thread you made in the Phobias Forum:
    Sometimes I get a bit scared of dying when im playing, I prefer to hide in corners with a gun pointed towards a door with a heartbeat sensor and claymores

This ones off topic, but it really proves how much of a troll you are (from the thread "Why is there many people who seem to be against interracial/interfaith relationships?"):
    when white and black have children, they are half cast, its why the white popluation in america is in decline today, even though we are superior.

Whites should only be with whites

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

fjsanchez wrote: »
    not-sure-if-serious-or-just-trolling.jpg

I don't think there's much doubt as to which...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

you are now tactically holding now an area and your k/d will improve greatly as you are not running and gunning, the prey will come to you and you will rack up the kills for the moab as you will have the advantage on any player that enters the room by seeing him first

That's what you cool kids must be calling it. If so, it's an elaborate troll.

IPAM wrote: »
    I don't think there's much doubt as to which...

Yeah I know, first meme that came to mind :o

fjsanchez wrote: »
    Judging by your previous posts, you know well what camping is:

And what about this thread you made in the Phobias Forum:

This ones off topic, but it really proves how much of a troll you are (from the thread "Why is there many people who seem to be against interracial/interfaith relationships?"):

Attack the post, not the poster

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Attack the post, not the poster

Back seat modding...

Advertisement