Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy rain,Strong Winds In East & Flooding Overnight Thurs 13th /Friday 14th November

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

North Kilkenny 10.2mm so far today, heaviest rain at 51.4mm/hr. Currently 3.2mm/hr

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Some very intense rainfall headed for the southeast around noon if this is right.

xqW9eRE.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭spoonerhead

Traffic is very bad in Dublin now, rain is has been coming down since 9 here. We've had so much rain the last few days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

diceyd wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good weather app?

Don't know if they have apps, but http://www.forecast.io and http://www.yr.no are good.

yr.no is a Norwegian site and good for long-range forecasts

forecast.io can give you visuals on the next three hours - click on 'local' for where you are, or 'regional' for (scary right now) Ireland centred on Ireland and out to the Atlantic and Europe. You can put the nearest city as your location, and set the temperature to centigrade or fahrenheit.

EURO4 ramps up that second depression that crosses the country overnight. Sustained winds 90+ km/h at sea off the south coast here.

14111403_2_1300.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Utter chaos in South Carlow. Good few roads are impassable. What should be a 10 minute journey took 45 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

heavy rain started citywest

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Been raining pretty much since 3/4 am in Sligo. At its heaviest now. Rivers running though the town, and I'm not talking about the Garavouge.

And still Muppets drive with no lights on.

How do people do this... Seriously..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,124 ✭✭✭pad199207

Very Heavy Rain in Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭sjb25

Because they are idiots........"don't want to run the battery down" people ugh

On the weather it's extremely heavy in Wexford right now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

Sitting here in my office, feeling very smug that i got my lunch on the way in, rather than nipping out at lunchtime. Thanks to this thread.

What can only be described as vile weather today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Pwindedd wrote: »
    Sitting here in my office, feeling very smug that i got my lunch on the way in, rather than nipping out at lunchtime. Thanks to this thread.

What can only be described as vile weather today.

Wish I read the thread before work!:o Bucketing down here in D2. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 39 martyfurey

Jesus lads I'm doing door to door sales. Not looking forward to today. God help me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭highdef

Looks like a squall like feature is about to hit Dublin city

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

martyfurey wrote: »
    Jesus lads I'm doing door to door sales. Not looking forward to today. God help me

you might do well, if you're selling water butts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I have recorded 17.3mm already in Tullow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Sure most people drive around in a frightened half-dream at the moment. When I'm on my bike there's times I'm desperately trying to attract a driver's attention and they seem to be driving automatically, off in another world, unaware that they're driving a couple of tons of metal with an engine and crushing, crashing danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Because they don't think of the people wanting to see them, only about themselves being able to see. Not just in bad weather, any time light levels are low (dusk and dawn).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Pissing here in Dublin 2

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

went outside for a smoke... worst decision ever.

Squall line developing over Northern Ireland now.

• Advertisement

heaviest rain yet

citywest

getting heavier

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭spoonerhead

Roads are starting to turn into rivers, the shores are overflowing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

martyfurey wrote: »

Good luck with that.... Start a face book page and sell online,

holy sh1t:eek:

i can see why that warning was put up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,124 ✭✭✭pad199207

Fields pooling over here now. Streams beside the house are filling up too

Remember that after this rain clears away later in the afternoon there will be a second depression with more heavy frontal rain pushing in overnight into tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Rain is almost biblical here in Wexford.Been lashing since 9am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Calm here in Cork after significant rainfall. Approximately what time is the 2nd band due to hit?

northgirl wrote: »
    Calm here in Cork after significant rainfall. Approximately what time is the 2nd band due to hit?

From around 9pm, though it should be the eastern half of the country that will get the heavy stuff from that, Cork might not be too bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

For once we're not taking the brunt of it here in the West. Been keeping an eye on the radar all morning and it looks pretty bad on the East coast. The ground was already quite wet and with this band of rain and the one to come in tonight there could be some significant flooding.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement