Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heavy rain,Strong Winds In East & Flooding Overnight Thurs 13th /Friday 14th November

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Macy0161 wrote: »
    dogmatrix, you were lucky to get over the gap, as I believe there was a fair amount of flooding around Laragh, including between Laragh and Glendalough. The Laragh to Sally Gap road was reported as impassable, and the Laragh to Rathdrum road before the Greenan turn as well. There was photo's of the river right up to Clara Vale Church on facebook as well.

Actually the worst of it was up near where the road passes the ESB station at Turlough Hill - it was like something out of a movie. But I suppose all that water hit laragh later on causing the flooding.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 fayvirtue

My friend is heading back to Dublin today I think he'll need a boat !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Very glad to be sitting high on a Kerry mountain with no need to go out until at least Monday.. heavy deluges etc.. stay safe everyone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

A few rumbles here. Heavy shower too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Would it be worth travelling across the M50 this evening???

Not sure if you gambled or not, but the M50 from Clarehall to blanch was grand at 6 this morning, and subsequently at 1pm. Not sure about further south, but I wouldn't be too worried.

Anyone got an idea of what to expect this evening? More of the same or a bit less? Think I'll be putting the pots and pans under the kitchen ceiling either way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

I am Pretty sure I just saw 2 flashes above Dublin city coming in the N3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

Walk to work this morning was.. interesting. Clonskeagh area of a bursted-bank Dodder.

xl9ms7.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,373 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

HungryJoey wrote: »
    I am Pretty sure I just saw 2 flashes above Dublin city coming in the N3?

Its possible, judging by the radar there is some very active stuff between 10 and 40kms offshore of Dublin and Wicklow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Coles

Coles, your rainfall totals are certainly plausible, as your location is closer to the highest terrain than Casement or Oak Park. A ratio of 2 or 3 times the regional averages is common for such locations in general. Just for reference, can you give a monthly total that you recorded in October, and to date in November (either before or after this large amount) as that might shed more light on the readings.
    PM sent.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,168 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Its possible, judging by the radar there is some very active stuff between 10 and 40kms offshore of Dublin and Wicklow

Some of that stuff has arrived here now (in Dublin 16). 0.6mm so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Slaney in Tullow got pretty high in last hour but not as high as this morning. They did a nice job building that bridge many many years ago :D

15603691698_46c5e544ae_b.jpgslaney copy

15603934957_d516fa44e4_o.jpgslaney2 copy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Some very heavy showers pushing onto the east coast now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Some very heavy showers pushing onto the east coast now.

Yup, it's here alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I can finally enjoy it since I am not commuting through it. The rain sounds lovely...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Calm and dry in Limerick city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Anyone know where this is? :D

14019_10152417573016332_5777682713184017170_n.jpg?oh=620d77f029e56eae59cee5990e526fa5&oe=54D4FCA2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

kleefarr wrote: »

Which.. the bridge or the photoshopped van? :D

HighLine wrote: »
    Which.. the bridge or the photoshopped van? :D

Is the van photoshopped or just the sign?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Is the van photoshopped or just the sign?

The van. Funny all the same! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,649 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

No rain where I am in Dublin West. Unless it's not loud lol!?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

14019_10152417573016332_5777682713184017170_n.jpg?oh=620d77f029e56eae59cee5990e526fa5&oe=54D4FCA2

Where it should be, hopefully all the corrupt bástards are in it.

LOL

Castletown Rd, Dundalk, Co.Louth

10402782_798866650173181_8362964725116210448_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,649 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

It's photoshopped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Lashing in Dublin again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

North County Dublin just got a pasting again.
    Out for a cycle this morning....gorgeous out but plenty of new lakes formed in the countryside!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Calm up here. Kerry...deluges still weeping in from time to time.. oh meant Sweeping but weeping fits better... But calm and quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

It's photoshopped

It's just wishful thinking on my part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,543 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I struggled by walking down and trying to get public transport into college last Thursday morning. I hadn't seen any sightings of flood water around Blackrock but the high gusty winds coupled with the rain from around 10:20am was quite strong to get through.

I tried to get the no.4 bus to go to Simmonscourt Road that morning. However it wasn't to be because I had missed an earlier 4 and the next one on the RTPI SMS opposite the Butler's Pantry was not down until 24 minutes later so I ditched that one. I tried to get a 7 bus around the corner on the Monkstown Road and that would arrive until 15 minutes later so I ditched that option too.

But luckily I walked down to Seapoint to get the DART to Howth with a waiting time of 8 minutes.

My clothes although after that journey were completely soaked all the way down from top to bottom as soon as I got into class that day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Torrential rain here in Cork after a beautiful morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

yikes got very dark down here in cork city with heavy rain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Get used to it getting dark at 4pm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

I struggled by walking down and trying to get public transport into college last Thursday morning. I hadn't seen any sightings of flood water around Blackrock but the high gusty winds coupled with the rain from around 10:20am was quite strong to get through.

I tried to get the no.4 bus to go to Simmonscourt Road that morning. However it wasn't to be because I had missed an earlier 4 and the next one on the RTPI SMS opposite the Butler's Pantry was not down until 24 minutes later so I ditched that one. I tried to get a 7 bus around the corner on the Monkstown Road and that would arrive until 15 minutes later so I ditched that option too.

But luckily I walked down to Seapoint to get the DART to Howth with a waiting time of 8 minutes.

My clothes although after that journey were completely soaked all the way down from top to bottom as soon as I got into class that day.

Boring James milner finds his way onto boards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Dry in Limerick city.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement