Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPC Connect: This panel is not accessible (online status 'Fault')

Options
  • 31-07-2020 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I couldn't access my alarm system from the app last night and when I checked via a web browser it was 'offline'. Today I got the above message. Tried rebooting my router in case it was that but that is fine. What other steps should I take? Also, for this error should I contact the original installer or someone at Vanderbilt?

P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Should be back up now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Jnealon wrote: »
    Should be back up now

Yup, came up after midday. Is this an outage at their end?

P.

oceanclub wrote: »
    Yup, came up after midday. Is this an outage at their end?

P.

Weirdly it is now going off every night....

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭jd6677

Just wondering if there is still and issue with the SPC App. I'm getting the following error in the last day and nothing has changed:

'Getting panel summary failed (ERROR: Generic).

The logs show 'FlexC ATP Status Up' and I can connect and login to the panel directly on the LAN.
    When I try via spcconnect.com it shows status as 'OK' and its green (with current time stamp) but I cannot connect to the panel via this portal- I get ' Error: Could not connect to panel' or when I check the system summary I get 'An error occurred attempting to retrieve system summary details from the panel'.

I've rebooted all the network hardware at home and its still the same.

The panel is a SPC4300 | Ver 3.9.1 | R.33443

Thanks
    JD

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

jd6677 wrote: »
    Just wondering if there is still and issue with the SPC App. I'm getting the following error in the last day and nothing has changed:
    JD

Not just you. Seeing the same 'Getting panel summary failed (ERROR: Generic).' error today.

SPC Connect website also says it's OK and online.

• Advertisement

ethernet wrote: »
    Not just you. Seeing the same 'Getting panel summary failed (ERROR: Generic).' error today.

SPC Connect website also says it's OK and online.

Yes I'm also getting the same issue. On the one hand good to know it's me, but the constant issues with SPC Connect are worrying.

P.

Thanks both - actually looks to be working again now 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

FYI

Dear SPC Connect customer,

We wish to apologize regarding the recurrent stability issues with our SPC Connect service, and the delayed start-up time once the system is re-started.

Please be assured, we’re aware of this, and doing everything we can to fix it as quickly as possible.

The recent success of the SPC Connect service has resulted in a significant increase in the number of monitored panels. Unfortunately this is causing some short-term capacity challenges, and has required us to reboot the service on a number of occasions over the last week to apply patches and configuration changes, which can take a few hours to restart.

We understand the impact this may have on your system, and the engineering team has been working continuously to identify and address the issues and are taking every measure to reduce this impact.

In the interest of transparency, we wish to inform you that we do anticipate some further downtime as we apply these additional remedial updates. Please know that we will keep you advised when we need to restart the system and when the service is running again. We will inform you immediately when we have remedied the situation completely.

Thank you for your understanding, and I would like to assure you of our very best intentions.

Sincerely,
    Your Vanderbilt Team.

Thanks - where did you originally come across the apology? Shame they could not communicate to customers via the app.

P.

Just wondering if there is an issue with the SPC app again ? I cannot connect to my panel and it’s showing unavailable on SPC connect.

Tks
    JD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

jd6677 wrote: »
    Just wondering if there is an issue with the SPC app again ? I cannot connect to my panel and it’s showing unavailable on SPC connect.

Tks
    JD
    Working ok here for what it’s worth.

Advertisement