Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing a Ryanair flight

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Luckily they changed the times of our Spanish October flights enough that I had the option of a refund, so I went with that. Still waiting on my May refund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

spurious wrote: »
    Luckily they changed the times of our Spanish October flights enough that I had the option of a refund, so I went with that. Still waiting on my May refund.

On this^^,
    Just got an email this evening that they've changed the times also of my Spanish October flights. I've been given three options so I'm gonna take the cancellation. I booked the whole package through 'loveholidays' however and I'm currently 147 in the queue to speak to an agent.

Has anyone else been in this position and would they know if I could just cancel online on the loveholidays 'manage my holiday' portal.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Can you get a refund on a flight under 1500kms if Ryanair push the departure time by over 2 hours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

vicwatson wrote: »
    Can you get a refund on a flight under 1500kms if Ryanair push the departure time by over 2 hours?

Don't really know about the mileage involved but I took the refund option when offered on my trip to Malaga, and I couldn't believe it when I got the email this morning stating that the cash has been transferred back to my bank account and to wait for 5 to 7 days to clear.
    Not too bad in fairness considering all the previous horror stories.
    Kudos Ryanair!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

The question is focused on the time change I guess, if it’s more than 2 hours does this automatically entitle one to a refund option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

abff wrote: »
    I decided not to travel and applied for a refund of government taxes (subject to €20 admin charge). This was back in mid July.

I haven’t even received an acknowledgement from them. I realise that I may not be due anything if the total taxes were less than €20 a head, but I would have thought they should at least send an email confirming this.

Not that big a deal, given everything that’s going on, but yet another example of Ryanair’s deplorable customer service.

I got the following response from Ryanair yesterday.

Dear Customer,,

I acknowledge receipt of your recent refund request.

In accordance with Article 4.2 of our General Terms and Conditions of Carriage, we refund only the government taxes that may be included in the ticket price and, thus, passed on to our passenger’s subject to a deduction by us of an administration charge of £17/20EUR. Our prices do not include any other third-party fees and charges for costs we incur to provide our services (such as airport and security charges, maintenance fees etc.). We bear the costs for these services. All other monies paid are non-refundable.

In this case, the administration fee exceeds the total amount of government taxes included in the price and clearly indicated in the price break-down at the time you made your booking, unfortunately, no refund is due in this instance.

We recommend that you contact your travel insurer regarding this claim.

Yours sincerely,

Ryanair Customer Services.

Unfortunately, email replies to this address cannot be accepted.

The outcome doesn't surprise me, but referring to my query as recent (my highlighting, not theirs) is a bit rich! As for the bit about government taxes being clearly indicated in the price break-down, I've gone back over all the correspondence from them and no such break-down was ever provided.

Advertisement