Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Small Concrete Pour (11ft x 6ft)

• 26-09-2020 11:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a very rough estimate of how much it *should* cost to place concrete down over a small area of grass in our side passage.

The aim is to place a shed there and it's alongside a path / other square or concrete that runs flush up to the wall, so I'm looking to "complete" the area rather than just put down patio slabs.

I've contacted a few places and only one has come back to me. The quote was almost 1500, which seems very high to me. I don't believe there's anything too complex about my request / garden that should make it out of the ordinary.

Any advice welcome and I'm happy to provide more specifics or even photos :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭Tow

I got quoted 850 a few weeks ago for 1.5 x 2.5m. One of these cash only fellows who operate off face book. It is already dug to 10cm. Thinking of just buying premix bags and DIY. Buy don't know how many bags required and don't want to run out with the job 90% done, or have too many left over.

The other option is just to order slabs and sand.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

1500 is a bit high but not crazy far out
    dig up the grass and dispose of it

buy hardcore and screeds, cement etc
    level the ground and put in hardcore
    mix and barrow in concrete and float it off

depending on the site and access i would guess 2 days for a guy and labourer so 600 plus materials. probably 1000 -1100euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,652 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Tow wrote: »
    I got quoted 850 a few weeks ago for 1.5 x 2.5m. One of these cash only fellows who operate off face book. It is already dug to 10cm. Thinking of just buying premix bags and DIY. Buy don't know how many bags required and don't want to run out with the job 90% done, or have too many left over.

The other option is just to order slabs and sand.

If you're putting in 100mm deep to 1.5m x 2.5m you need approx 1 ton of concrete.
    1 5x2.5x0.1=0 3.75m3
    At 2.4t per cube = 0.9ton, allow a bit of waste 1ton

A 25kg bag makes say 30kg when water added?
    33bags....
    Ignoring the water= 40 bags.
    So somewhere in there

Advertisement