Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LED battens - 4 pack suggestion of 4ft or 5ft

Options
  • 19-09-2020 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

I'm looking for 4 pack of 4ft or 5ft LEDs. Screwfix cannot deliver and I'm too far away for pickup and they have some good rated LEDs lamps from the brand LAP.

What brands would be decent when it comes to LED batten lighting.

Are any of these 3 brands highlighted any good? Other suggestions welcome.

OSgyeRZ.png
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

LAP is Screwfix's own brand. They are absolute rubbish. They are known in the trade as "Crap".

There is a reason they are so cheap.

I would suggest opting for a reputable brand (which unfortunately won't be cheap). Subject to the two-thirds rule, it would be cheaper having your Electrician source them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭StephenS147

I'll be replacing the existing florescent lights with these so fitting them myself. No electrician.

What's a good brand for led battens?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭walshtipp

I'll be replacing the existing florescent lights with these so fitting them myself. No electrician.

What's a good brand for led battens?

I have used Osram in the past and never had issues with them.

walshtipp wrote: »
    I have used Osram in the past and never had issues with them.

17 pound for a 4ft one. Seems to be on the cheap side but I might get some and see.

https://www.lampshoponline.com/ledvance-linear-20w-led-luminaire-4000k.html

I see they've been bought out by Ledvance.

See the description for this product on goodwins: https://www.goodwins.ie/products/id-26090.html

I also found a 4ft one Ledvance LED Batten Linear Compact 20W 4000K 120cm for 20eur by Ledvance.
    I can see one google review at 2 stars "Connection cable too short, no switch". Absolute facepalm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

BELL are decent also.

• Advertisement

Risteard81 wrote: »
    BELL are decent also.

Thanks, they look decent. At a good price point too.

Advertisement