Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight Time change- Ryanair

Options
  • 20-05-2020 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I received an email from Ryanair last evening asking me to accept a change of flight time. This is for July. The time difference is 1hr 45 mins, so I know it's under the 2 hrs where they have to offer you a refund straight away. They gave me two options, either accept the time or change my flight by contacting them. If I accept it will it disadvantage me later in terms of refunds/compensation? If I go for flight change do I have to accept the other flight that is offered? Any advice would be much appreciated. I was hoping they would cancel the flight altogether.Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,164 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I got a similar email, in fact I've had 2 of them in the last few weeks, flight time changed by about 15 minutes one the first email & has changed back to the original time on the 2nd email. I just accepted both on the basis the flight either goes or it doesn't & thats the one factor that'll affect my entitlement to a refund under the current system.

My flight out is July 1st and considering flights to the same destination for days afterwards have already been cancelled reckon theres a reasonable chance these will too.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭John.G

I have just received notice of a minor time change of less than one hour but the new flight times are exactly the same as originally booked last March.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭numbernine

I received an email for flight change of just less than 2 hours. Flight is a few weeks away. If I dont click the link to accept the change, what happens?

Just to add, I have no intention of flying and have already accepted I’ll be losing out on the money.

If you don't and they change it again to more than 2 hours then they may not refund you?

numbernine wrote: »
    I received an email for flight change of just less than 2 hours. Flight is a few weeks away. If I dont click the link to accept the change, what happens?

Just to add, I have no intention of flying and have already accepted I’ll be losing out on the money.

If you don’t intend flying, don’t accept changes and apply for a refund. And let us know how you get on!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 uiolfg

Should return the full amount

Doesn't the flight time change have to be =or> 2hrs to get a refund?.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

John.G wrote: »
    Doesn't the flight time change have to be =or> 2hrs to get a refund?.

Yes ,thats in their T&C last time I checked.
    If a flight time is changed by more than 2 hours before or after the original departure time you can get a refund but I would try contacting them and see will they sort something, no harm trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

My flight has changed to 2.40 more than original and Ryanair are saying they don’t have to offer a refund despite it being all over their website and in their terms and conditions.

Trying to apply for a refund and the only option is if a flight is delayed by > 3 hours

Wtf are Ryanair playing at? They are in breach of their own T&C’s

Or are they just playing hardball and chancing their arm in the hope people get fed up and don’t bother pursuing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

vicwatson wrote: »
    My flight has changed to 2.40 more than original and Ryanair are saying they don’t have to offer a refund despite it being all over their website and in their terms and conditions.

Trying to apply for a refund and the only option is if a flight is delayed by > 3 hours

Wtf are Ryanair playing at? They are in breach of their own T&C’s

Or are they just playing hardball and chancing their arm in the hope people get fed up and don’t bother pursuing it?

I always thought it was 3 hours + ,anything less and they don't have to offer a refund.

• Advertisement

I always thought it was 3 hours + ,anything less and they don't have to offer a refund.

Why do they put 2 hours in their terms and conditions then I wonder?

Advertisement