Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has anyone had a Covid19 test at a German airport?

• 24-09-2020 2:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

As of yesterday, passengers from Dublin are no longer on Germany's green list.

The information about what you need to do to travel there has been contradictory.

My understanding now is the following:

You can have a test done in Ireland within 48 hours of traveling and this allows you to enter Germany without further testing - assuming the test is negative, of course. The problem with this is that you need a very fast turnaround - you have a 48 hour window in which to have the test done and receive the result.

Alternatively, it seems that you can have a free test done at Frankfurt airport (I presume the same applies at other airports) and I think that you wait 6 hours for the results. If you're clear, you can carry on. I don't think that you have to quarantine if the test is negative.

Make sense? Have I got it right?

Many thanks.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Kind of, you take the test, quarantine and are released upon a negative result. You don't hang around at the airport, you go 'home' and wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Where do you wait for the 6 hours?
    What happens if you unfortunately test positive?
    What happens if you’re not travelling alone and you test negative and the person or persons with you test positive or vice versa?
    I’d be really interested to have some answers to these questions as all I’m reading is the need for these rapid result Covid tests at airports which I’m totally in favour of but no one is discussing the practicalities of what happens if the test is positive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

If you live in Germany its fine. You test positive and the local health authority does a proper quarantine compliance (big € fines) and a detailed contact tracing protocol which goes way beyond the the joke we have in Ireland.

If you don't live in Germany, get tested before travel, get result before boarding you know where you stand no issue. The private lab will have to report a positive to the HSE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Dinarius

If you live in Germany its fine. You test positive and the local health authority does a proper quarantine compliance (big € fines) and a detailed contact tracing protocol which goes way beyond the the joke we have in Ireland.

If you don't live in Germany, get tested before travel, get result before boarding you know where you stand no issue. The private lab will have to report a positive to the HSE

Thanks.

On the issue of getting tested before travel and not wanting to start another thread......

Has anyone had a test done in Ireland before travel that conformed to the German requirement of test and result within 48 hours of arriving in Germany?

If yes, who does it in the Dublin area?

Many thanks!

D.

Advertisement