Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First insurance policy question am I insured?

Options
  • 19-09-2020 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

I took out an my first insurance policy earlier this month.
    It's my first policy.
    I was clearly with this when looking for quotes, I've Zero years no claims bonus, etc I got a mixture of quotes and went with one.
    However they never asked for my permit number or my mothers license number.

They sent out the disc, took the money, etc.

Am I insured tough without them asking for these details?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭pinktoe

Did you use a broker or go directly to an insurance company?

Insurers normally allow you to manage your policy outline. If you can log into that and your details are correct, you are fine.

Did you not have to add the numbers when getting a quote?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭december2019

pinktoe wrote: »
    Did you use a broker or go directly to an insurance company?

Insurers normally allow you to manage your policy outline. If you can log into that and your details are correct, you are fine.

Did you not have to add the numbers when getting a quote?

It’s direct with a company.
    It just asked for type of license, years held, etc.
    I think they it said they may contact me if they required further information.
    Everything is correct in the policy but they just don’t have the license number. However they asked for the date it was issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭pinktoe

I wouldn't worry about it with Covid and the lack of staff etc, they may ask for your license in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭micah537

I don't think I gave a copy of my license to Liberty but when I switched to Aviva, I only got a temporary insurance cert for 30 or 60 days in which I had to send off a copy of the license.

Advertisement