Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

They told me six weeks over the webchat!
    We are travelling to visit a sick relative, so might be able to have it expedited.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Effects wrote: »
    They told me six weeks over the webchat!
    We are travelling to visit a sick relative, so might be able to have it expedited.

That may be for paper applications. If you contact them with that once submitted they may be able to assist

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mrgretsch

So I've UK and Irish citizenship but now living in the UK.

Does it matter which I use when entering the UK or Ireland?
    Haven't been on a plane in a while but I assume there's a box where you have to put only one passport down.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,026 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

mrgretsch wrote: »
    So I've UK and Irish citizenship but now living in the UK.

Does it matter which I use when entering the UK or Ireland?
    Haven't been on a plane in a while but I assume there's a box where you have to put only one passport down.

Generally you use the UK one entering the UK and the Irish one entering Ireland. It's not quite as simple as that depending on where you're coming from but it's a general rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kajzer

Sorted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

Last time I did a childs passport we got actual photos and got them countersigned.

This time we will get the code. How are these countersigned?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,292 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

damianmcr wrote: »
    Last time I did a childs passport we got actual photos and got them countersigned.

This time we will get the code. How are these countersigned?

If I remember right you print them off as part of the process and get them signed

Went and attempted to get photos today. The digital ones wouldn't pass the online test. Ones I took on my phone didn't. I can't see me getting much better for a 10 week old. Do I just use the printed photos? I don't mind but the fact the holiday is the end of Feb and God knows what will happen with the processing im not sure what to do.

I can upload them here if anyone thinks they'd have a good idea.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭veryangryman

So it's proper shut down at the moment right? No processing until after lockdown?

Correct.

I dont make the rules etc etc but seems silly. Surely a skeleton staff, one in each area doing some work would help. But yeah stay home. I get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭poppy37

Is it possible to get a passport renewed atm, my son is due to go to the uk for study reasons in January and his passport is out of date. He will be going from a child passport to an adult one so not sure if that can be done online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

poppy37 wrote: »
    Is it possible to get a passport renewed atm, my son is due to go to the uk for study reasons in January and his passport is out of date. He will be going from a child passport to an adult one so not sure if that can be done online.

You can do your first passport online now, so there’s no reason he can’t renew this online I think, though I stand to be corrected. Up until recently online passports were being processed quite quickly. I don’t know What’s the story with office staff currently. But surely If he applies online now he would get it in December when they open again

jlm29 wrote: »
    You can do your first passport online now, so there’s no reason he can’t renew this online I think, though I stand to be corrected. Up until recently online passports were being processed quite quickly. I don’t know What’s the story with office staff currently. But surely If he applies online now he would get it in December when they open again
    They arent doing any processing at the minute due to Level5.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Nobody is going on holidays either though, so there’s probably a lot less applications. I’d imagine if they apply now they’ll get it quite quickly after the current restrictions are eased in December

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

I submitted my renewal online last Friday November 13th - received new Passport in the post this morning Thursday November 19th.

Thanks everyone for the help, we submitted the application online yesterday so hopefully we will get it shortly. Took five attempts to get a photo accepted but we got there in the end.

I submitted my renewal online last Friday November 13th - received new Passport in the post this morning Thursday November 19th.
    Could swear they told me otherwise. Maybe they just meant new applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Applied on Sunday evening for a renewal. Received the passport in the post this morning. Outstanding service

• Registered Users Posts: 14,604 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Dodge wrote: »
    Applied on Sunday evening for a renewal. Received the passport in the post this morning. Outstanding service

I applied over a month ago still not processed. Thought they were fully shutdown due to level 5.

534500.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Anyone replace a lost passport recently? How long did it take? Lost mine somewhere between Dublin airport and Galway last night and need to travel again on the 28th of Dec. Absolute disaster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Anyone replace a lost passport recently? How long did it take? Lost mine somewhere between Dublin airport and Galway last night and need to travel again on the 28th of Dec. Absolute disaster

Call Dublin Airport Police Lost Property to see if it was found handed in 01-8145555

Hope this helps let me know ?

CVB

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

CVB wrote: »
    Call Dublin Airport Police Lost Property to see if it was found handed in 01-8145555

Hope this helps let me know ?

CVB

Yeah I've contacted them but nobody is answering. They just direct ya to the website to fill out a form. I've emailed them too.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 coldbrain

Applied for newborn first passport on 7 Dec and they updated the processing status with the target issue date of 12 Jan 2021. With any of your recent experience, do you think it’s hopeful issue date as they are back processing from 1 Dec.
    Also from many of your comments photo acceptance for infants is challenging online and it was the case with mine but finally system accepted with another one. Once it is accepted by the system do you folks think it’s fine now and no surprises by processing later?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭Jacovs

coldbrain wrote: »
    Applied for newborn first passport on 7 Dec and they updated the processing status with the target issue date of 12 Jan 2021. With any of your recent experience, do you think it’s hopeful issue date as they are back processing from 1 Dec.
    Also from many of your comments photo acceptance for infants is challenging online and it was the case with mine but finally system accepted with another one. Once it is accepted by the system do you folks think it’s fine now and no surprises by processing later?

We renewed our child's passport during the latest lockdown and the photo was accepted by the system but once they reopened and processed they advised us there was an issue with the photo and to do a new one.

Jacovs wrote: »
    We renewed our child's passport during the latest lockdown and the photo was accepted by the system but once they reopened and processed they advised us there was an issue with the photo and to do a new one.

Thanks for the inputs. Do they inform immediately on receipt of documents if there is an issue or at the end of processing. If we have to supply new photo, should we start over the process all over again and wait for another 20 working days or can we supply new one while they are processing/they pause for new photo?

Also if you don’t mind me asking what was the issue with first photo you had applied?

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

any idae when they will accepting postal applications?

poppy37 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for the help, we submitted the application online yesterday so hopefully we will get it shortly. Took five attempts to get a photo accepted but we got there in the end.

Just to update my son received his passport last Thursday(the book format) and the card on Friday so it seems to be a quick enough turnaround considering they are only processing again since December 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭Jacovs

coldbrain wrote: »
    Thanks for the inputs. Do they inform immediately on receipt of documents if there is an issue or at the end of processing. If we have to supply new photo, should we start over the process all over again and wait for another 20 working days or can we supply new one while they are processing/they pause for new photo?

Also if you don’t mind me asking what was the issue with first photo you had applied?

You dont start all over, they send you an email and give you I think 7 days to submit new photo.
    Once we did that though they came back again and said we need to resubmit our marriage certificate also, again given 7 days. So it looks like they go step by step, pause if there is an issue until you submit new photo then on to next step. If you dont submit within that time then yes you need to start and pay all over.

Problem with our first photo was a slight shadow at the top of the head that couldve been mistaken for his hair sticking up.

Jacovs wrote: »
    You dont start all over, they send you an email and give you I think 7 days to submit new photo.
    Once we did that though they came back again and said we need to resubmit our marriage certificate also, again given 7 days. So it looks like they go step by step, pause if there is an issue until you submit new photo then on to next step. If you dont submit within that time then yes you need to start and pay all over.

Problem with our first photo was a slight shadow at the top of the head that couldve been mistaken for his hair sticking up.

Ah perfect. Hopefully it’s the same with first passport application. Re photo it’s hard to get one for infants without lil bit of shadow here and there. Hopefully as they say in their website while applying they give some relaxation for newborns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 kajzer

Hi Everyone,

Quick question, I need to fill Declaration form A for my son's passport. Issue is, who can sign it? I've sent all supporting documents, proof of address etc, everything seems fine, but they had a problem with a member of the Guardai signing it for me. Now I need to fill it out again and get it signed. I tried with my GP, however the receptionist said because i wasn't there since 2013 she's not sure if he will sign it. Can I get it signed by a solicitor?

Advertisement